Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

Well...First i want to say that both bands are bands that i like very much.

Iced Earth was the first of these band to know and i was super thrilled about them (as i was with nevermore later on :p).I don't doubt warrel's voice but i like barlow's voice better.I tend to put more emphasis on the voice of a group than anything else..(i have also seen iced earth live and i can tell you that barlow was EXCELLENT).I like iced earth songs more than i like nevermore songs.

Iced Earth for me

I'd have to say that Iced Earth is more my favorite than Nevermore because I have listened to them longer and I love every song and CD that they've done. I wouldn't however, take away from the talent that Nevermore has on their side, especially on the part of Jeff Loomis with the insane solo riffs he does.

But I disagree with any Iced Earth bashing that may go on in this thread. I love Iced Earth, even if they don't have technical stuff all the time.

Originally posted by blackarttommy
TheSinMakesYouGay.......blah blah blah

Pyrus.....Thank you!!! Nevermore kick ass too!!

blackarttommy, I take it the sin that gives you pleasure is a big fat cock in your ass. I tried listening to IE but they remind my of A late 80's hairband (cockrock). I guess they would be right up you anal, oops I meant to say alley.

eh, I hadn't listened to Iced Earth in what felt like forever, so I put on Dark Saga last night.. yeah doesn't impress me anymore, but damn Barlow is great on Question Of Heaven, it'll always be a favorite

same here.

IE gets played every once in a while if I want some simplistic, rocking metal.

I don't know how a comparison can be drawn to the art of Nevermore in the first place.

Iced Earth = hair band? What the hell have you got in your ears, dude? They may not be as technical as Nevermore or SYL, but Iced Earth is a shitload heavier and more musically complex than half the metal/hard rock bands out there.

And they're very similar to anyone outside of the underground metal world. We seem to forget that we're in our own little musical haven here, and 95% of the world can't be bothered to tell the difference between Vio-lence and Candlemass. The downside of the metal community is that everyone gets so fucking elitist about their favorite bands...it is possible that two metalheads can disagree on whether a band is good or not, and not have it devolve into a third-grade "You're gay!" "No, YOU'RE gay!" bitch fight. Be a little more reasonable, guys.

As has been stated, we really need a new Nevermore album soon.

Originally posted by Pyrus
possible that two metalheads can disagree on whether a band is good or not, and not have it devolve into a third-grade "You're gay!" "No, YOU'RE gay!" bitch fight.
As has been stated, we really need a new Nevermore album soon.

True true, but what I meant to say was that i was expecting them to sound like In Flames or Morbid Angel and they remind me of a poor metal church. But i don't down peoples opions. I guess that'e what happens when people compare to bands that are nothing alike.

Originally posted by azal
here's reasonable.

all the riffs are the same.

the lyrics are funny.

I'd rather listen to old metallica and maiden.

Be careful about mentioning Metallica, you might get sued for illegal use of their name. LOL.

Really though, the music is not all the same man. Each of the CDs is based around different ideas and stories, you just have to listen. And as for the guitars, of course a lot of the stuff sounds gallopy on the guitar, but that's just their style. Not everything has to be super technical and different for every song.

Originally posted by Metal7
Not everything has to be super technical and different for every song.
yep. simlistic and repetative works great for IE. jon schaffer decided early on that the triplet was to be his only gimmick. no wonder he ran out of good riffs after 2 albums.
-neal

NEAL is the man.

I must say, ive been listening to DAYS OF PURGATORY, and yep, it still kicks major ass.

DESERT RAIN. I love the weord vocal part Mat throws in on that one. That sone starts out almost progressive, then Jon went to to the normal riffs, but in this context, the normal riffs are pretty good. The best lead is on that cd as well.

fan21.jpg

discuss.....