Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

I know what ya mean. I was never IMO a geek about the whole thing.....i just love to read, and i used to draw (before the guitar) very very well, so the comics were cool for me.
I still read like mad though.

yeh. i cant draw for shit anymore haha. when i was in school i took a few art classes an somehow stumbled through them and made some decent shit, but not anymore hah. and all the comics i ever saw were cool and i liked them, it just never really occurded to me to like buy them and follow them and stuff. i had other interests as a kid i guess heh.
-neal

well we had some around when i worked a a bookstore a few years ago. couldnt quite figure out what the hell was going on or what they were supposed to be about. just kinda skimed em though. or i might be thinking of a magazine called 'heavy metal' who knows that was like summer 2001 haha.
-neal

heavy metal mag is what he is talking about....FAKK....yeah.
Those stories are pretty much 100 % sci fi....and it can be very strange at times.....Im the guy neal, who boaght every issue of my fav comics for over 10 yrs without missin a single issue. I collected for nearly 18 yrs totle. I still have them, but havent boaght any sice the guitar magizines came into my life.....Now i dont buy them either. DOnt need them anymore.

I can still draw like mad, but im slow about it now, and have to erase a lot, cause the guitar has taken up most of my free time for the last 10 yrs or so.

Pyrus said:
Nightcrawler is GOD. Has anyone ever read the X-Caliber series? He grabs a dude's head and teleports it off his neck. Now that's HARDCORE.

POST 1600!! WHOOOO!

LOL, Damn! Things must have changed a bit since I was into the X-Men. Teleporting heads off? That's cool shit.

I've heard nightcrawler is going to be in the next Xmen movie ... but I doubt he'll do cool shit like teleporting heads...

yeah he was always one of my favorites

Guess I'll add my opinion to the list (don't judge me because of my nick guys :saint: )

Vocals: This is a hard one. Matthew Barlow is definitely one of the best vocalists in the metal-scene, but then so is Warrel Dane. Both are versatile, but I'd have to give Matt the edge. Why? Has anybody seen Iced Earth's three-hour shows? The man abuses (or sounds like he abuses) his vocal folds for a whoppin' three hours and he *still* sings falsetto with ease. I'm a vocalist myself, and I know how difficult this is! (the only vocalist I know who can do the same is Devin Townsend btw - that guy must have steel bands for vocal folds!) Warrel may be able to do this as well, but we have yet to see it. Until then...
Incidentally, I've seen both Iced Earth and Nevermore live (twice in fact), so I know what I'm talking about.

Riffs: This one goes to Nevermore. Yes, Jon's riffs are great but if you listen to 'Wolf', 'Damien' and 'Jack' (the first three of Horror Show) you'll notice the same riff in all three. This is just not done. Nevermore doesn't have this problem.

Solo's: Nevermore. Sorry Larry :)

Lyrics: Nevermore. Sorry Jon, but 'madness/sadness' and 'cry for/die for'- rhymes are preschool material. And it gets worse if you actually use them more than once! :D

Bass: Steve DiGiorgio is ex-Death. That says enough I should think. Jim's great too, but just not 'dominant' enough...

Drums: This is hard. Yes Richard Christy is simply awesome, but sometimes he makes the drums' presence too strong. Van's drums are more attuned to the songs. So a tie, I guess.

Atmosphere: Both have given me chills on occasion. Draw.

Live: Show - Iced Earth / Contact with audience - Definitely Nevermore. The Iced Earth guys don't always look so enthousiastic, more like their mind's somewhere else (at least that's what it was like in Belgium)

There. Now flame me at your leisure.