New album update

That's my favourite part on the record that second half of blood eagle wings,each to there own lol

I like the song, just don't think the "outro" was necessary. It drags a bit. Then "Defend/Avenge" also has a feedback intro. So it's a long time in the middle section, without a proper song or riff. Does that make sense?

I LOVE the music on this album but wasn't too thrilled about the album artwork. I get that Charlie is probably overjoyed with the current band lineup and music that they collectively wrote and arranged but it seems like a tired trend to have the band members on the cover rather than something more creative in the artwork (i.e featuring Not Man)

IMHO

The bass is indeed prominent, the production as it is is very good. Very full, and powerful, makes for great dynamic sound.

'Breathing Lightning' is causing quite a stir already among fans and non-fans; friends of mine here, who would not be Anthrax fans, listened, and really enjoyed it. It's actually piqued their curiosity to hear more. And these guys don't like metal much, just Iron Maiden.

The song is terrific for fans also, I loved it on first listen, and noticing great subtleties with each subsequent return listen. Just a damn great 'Thrax track! For me, better than 'Safe Home'. '..Lightning' is the most commercial they've ever sounded while still making compelling music.

Breathing lightning Isprob my fave song on album ATM if only was bush's signature song then
Breathing is def belladonna's, omuch much better song .

You get the feeling the melodic tone was deliberate to suit Joey's style more.

Breathing Lightning is truly a brilliant song.

I can say there are probably only 2 songs on the album I skip now. The rest I'm in love with.

Note I don't hate them but just find them rather run of the mill.

Suzerain & Zero Tolerance.

Just goes to show everyone has different tastes I suppose; for me, 'Suzerain' and especially 'Zero Tolerance' are two of the masterpieces on this album. Fabulous metal songs in every sense. The arrangement on 'Tolerance' is very creative, and of course it's a return to quality Thrash!

I get the vibe and agree Zero Tolerance has a kind of Gung Ho quality about it but it feels awkward in parts for me.

Suzerain whilst heavy and enjoyable is very Bush era sounding and for me misplaced after the high poppy feel of Breathing Lightning and then the State of Euphoria like Evil Twin. Seems like it's a song too early on that list.

Does that make sense?

But hey we're nitpicking here and I can't stop listening to this album :)

Similar here, can't stop listening to it! There hasn't been a 'Thrax album this immediate and addictive for me since possibly SOWN. 'Worship' is a great work, and I still listen to it, but it didn't have the visceral immediacy and supremely catchy hooks of 'For All Kings'.

I would already place the new album with ATL and POT as their greatest work.

I can imagine and would absolutely welcome if they played every one of these songs live; while listening I do find myself thinking I'd love to hear this live - every song. If they did like Maiden did with 'A Matter of Life and Death', I'd be delighted! 'Matter of Life and Death' was played in it's entirety, and to be honest it was a bit of an endurance test, but 'For all Kings' is just so well written, with so many high spots, if they played most or every track I would enjoy it immensely. Not many metal albums you can say that about.

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher
You get the feeling the melodic tone was deliberate to suit Joey's style more.

Breathing Lightning is truly a brilliant song.

I can say there are probably only 2 songs on the album I skip now. The rest I'm in love with.

That's because Frank and Joey wrote the melodies

When Joey was fired back in 1992, I read several interviews with Scott and Charlie where they stated that one of reasons of his firing was the fact he'd never involved in writing process. I don't know whether he didn't want to or Scott and Charlie didn't want to. Anyway, when Joey released his first solo album, Charlie said something like "I listened to it and it sounds like very, very bad Anthrax". Frankly, it's strange to me Charlie, Scott and Frank would let him wrote anything if they thought his musical ideas suck. I'd guess he just arranged some vocal lines at the most. If Joey was good in writing music, I don't think he'd be the last one on the list before WM came out... They needed a singer who can sing and write music. Joey likely met only one condition (while Bush and apparently Nelson as well met both). In interviews, when it comes to the question "Did Joey involve in writing process?", it's naturally better to say "He did" and pretend that he's actually the right guy for the band :eek:. On the other hand, most people don't give a shit who wrote lyrics or music. Anthrax got the new album and that's it. ;)

I heard 'Soror Irrumator' finally yesterday, got around to giving it a blast - it is bloody great! I loved it!

That'll definitely be added to my ipod as part of the 'For All Kings' album

Reactions: YOYOMOSHMAN