New Amp Sim from LePou

HyBrit Series
This is actually my very first VST project. At that time, I was looking for an amp that has been modeled a lot of time in order to have comparison points. I picked a classic British amp. After some comparisons with my original model, I decided that it was sounding good enough to be send to the testers... but not as is. After all there is a lot of British amp simulators out there. So I tweaked my original model and added another channel to it. It finally ends up as HyBrit.

As the name suggests, this is an hybrid amp model based on two famous British gears. Again, the name of the channel says it all. The PLS channel is actually an hybrid of the two (tweaked) channels (Normal and Treble) of the real thing. Both channels are actually processed and the mix of the two signals can be adjusted through the PLS MIX knob. The other channel, MCJ, is also a tweaked version of the real thing. So, this amp simulator doesn't represent anything specifically but it does have the character of the British amp.

As for SoloC, HyBrit comes in 3 versions : Preamp, Head and FullStack.

Nice. Gonna give it a try today probably. Thanks

A thing concerning Lecab. There's a display bug in the volumes when using the 3rd skin and having both impulses blended. Both volumes don't add to 10. For example, if I set one to 8.0 the other one says 1.75.

hybritchain.png

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1108548/hybritdi.mp3

yes.gif

This in not an update. It has never been released before. My journey in VST development begun with this one and then I switched to SoloC.

LePou

LePou, this is the Star wars approach!

Nice one dude sounds absolutely great!!
KM

Just tried this out, sounds really good, especially for those half clean half dirty tones, really rich sound. Not that I expected anything else from you.

Looking forward for the Empire strikes back amp!

LePou... not relevant to this thread but there is a weird issue with LeCab I'm having very randomly. I'm running 2 Lecabs in the same chain. One is used for "removing" the built-in cab in WarpVST (guitar sim) with Sickan's "anti WarpVST impulse", and the other one is for a normal cab loading (using Ryan's impulses of course :)). Sometimes when I load up Reaper and the song I was working on for example the night before, it behaves really strange. The sound can become VERY nasal and resonant and just plain horrible. Sometimes, one of the LeCab instances die on me and don't pass any audio through. What I have to do to restore this (which doesn't seem to work 100% of the time either but) is to click "File" and load the impulse file again.

Is it possible that LeCab is losing the pointer to where the file is located on the hard drive from time to time? This has been driving me crazy and I'm glad I found out it's somewhat fixable if I reload the impulses, but doing that to a huge project isn't too fun either :(

Edit: Bear in mind that when I saved the project from last night, it worked perfectly fine, everything sounded right. Then when I open it the next morning, the same chain is just nasal and horrible. Reloading the files seems to fix it... I'll have to try more, bleh.