New bands advice

arachn1d

New Metal Member
May 23, 2004
Hi metal fans.

I'm looking for new bands to listen to..

My fav band is In Flames
I like to listen to American Head Charge, Killswitch Engage aswell.

I want to broaden my tastes though. Does anyone ahve any advice on what bands I should check out according to my taste above?

Thanks. :headbang:

We need to know more bands you like because that is very broad. I could give you some stuff but you'd probably not like it, so I'm just gonna say Soilwork.

Some more
Dark Tranquility / Coal Chamber / Dry Kill logic /

ill look into your suggestions. Thx. :cool: :headbang:

arachn1d said:
Some more
Dark Tranquility / Coal Chamber / Dry Kill logic /

ill look into your suggestions. Thx. :cool: :headbang:

You're fav band is In Flames? Arsis, At the Gates(especially Slaughter of the Soul to start), Arch enemy, Kalmah, Children of Bodom, Hypocrisy, and Edge of Sanity would all be more then likely to appeal to you're ear then. It's a good place to start anyway. You might also try checking out Opeth as most melodic death fans dig that from the first few listens. Those are the most accessible bands I can think of right now but from there you'll probably develop a taste for different genres from there. I can't recommend anything in the Coal Chamber vein, since I pretty much detest that band. No offense or anything.

np i only like a few songs from them anyway... was just examples. Thx man I'll look into those bands. I've listened to Children of Bodom, I don't like them that much personally.

I don't like Children of Bodom either. Or Coal Chamber.

I'd try bands like Skyfire, Kalmah, Amon Amarth, Ill Niño, Devildriver, and Mushroomhead.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I don't like Children of Bodom either. Or Coal Chamber.

I'd try bands like Skyfire, Kalmah, Amon Amarth, Ill Niño, Devildriver, and Mushroomhead.

Oh that's right! The devil driver guy was from coal chamber. Didn't care for that album personally but I second mushroomhead- their new album was quite good if you can get past the singing(which wasn't as bad as it used to be). The new Ill Nino blew though, I was hoping they would really be something special after hearing revolutoin revolucion. Just another example of bands getting too much recognition and going to shit I guess. I haven't heard skyfire- what vein are they in? Same as Kalmah and some of the ones I recommended?

Skyfire are a lot like Kalmah, actually. More keyboards, though.

Ill Niño did turn pretty bad. This Time's For rEal is a good song, though. All in all, I prefer Revolution Revolución.

Mushroomhead are very progressive in their mixing of thrash, rapmetal, groove, hardcore, and funk with black metal/gothic keyboards. Sort of like Faith No More meets Cradle of Filth, minus the gayness of the latter.

Summoning. Can't go wrong with Summoning.

Start listening to decent music.

Nokturnal Mortum too.

Yeeeeeesss.