New Bodom Songs

well I was pretty shocked when I saw the names but I won`t judge the songs because of that
Now I really can`t wait anymore to hear them

Mikko Karmila will be the producer, but more interestingly Peter Tägtgren will produce vocal tracks and synth sounds. I guess we're in for a more screaming voice and cold keys, and more keys that's for sure. I don't know if Tägtgren's influence will be good or not.. sure it's nice to have a great musician along the producing project, but I just hope it's heavy enough.

Tägtgren said he had some nice ideas for the vocals when Follow the Reaper was recorded etc, but really the vocals on that album are SHIT, even tho Alexi sang great live back those days. I don't know if I should go as far as to say Peter ruined that album.. but the keys were pretty atmospheric -altough a little cheesy.

So we know the new album will sound like good old black metal and will probably have Pain -like 'cold' synths and different vocals. It's very easy to fuck up an album with bad vocals, but on the other hand they could do great vocals. I'm sure they want to try it out with the song they'll put out with Bam's CD, and they'll re-record that song of course.

bla bla bla...

^Wtf is your problem?

ps contrary to lady laiho I sincerely hope they won't have ANY of those funny songs, they fucking ruin the band

I just pray this CD is done with brutal attitude, and I need to hear that new song very soon because I'm concerned as Alexi has partly become a jackass himself and is listening to shit bands like Mötley Crüe. I hope they've learned from their mistakes and make this album very good in terms of sound, vocals, and music.

I just pray this CD is done with brutal attitude, and I need to hear that new song very soon because I'm concerned as Alexi has partly become a jackass himself and is listening to shit bands like Mötley Crüe. I hope they've learned from their mistakes and make this album very good in terms of sound, vocals, and music.

The Crue rules! I don't like them that much actually but they don't suck. Btw, MC has influenced Bodom A LOT. And they usually play a Motley Crue song before they come on, and after the leave stage I noticed.

Umm isn't roundtrip 2 hell and back a little redundant? Is the "and back" necessary? If you are going on a roundtrip, isn't it a given you are coming back...thats why it is called a round trip??

Mikko Karmila will be the producer, but more interestingly Peter Tägtgren will produce vocal tracks and synth sounds. I guess we're in for a more screaming voice and cold keys, and more keys that's for sure. I don't know if Tägtgren's influence will be good or not.. sure it's nice to have a great musician along the producing project, but I just hope it's heavy enough.

Tägtgren said he had some nice ideas for the vocals when Follow the Reaper was recorded etc, but really the vocals on that album are SHIT, even tho Alexi sang great live back those days. I don't know if I should go as far as to say Peter ruined that album.. but the keys were pretty atmospheric -altough a little cheesy.

So we know the new album will sound like good old black metal and will probably have Pain -like 'cold' synths and different vocals. It's very easy to fuck up an album with bad vocals, but on the other hand they could do great vocals. I'm sure they want to try it out with the song they'll put out with Bam's CD, and they'll re-record that song of course.

This makes me think they'll go back to Something Wild but more thrashy and not to dark.

In terms of sound, I think it will be more like Something Wild with Follow the Reaper synths if that's how you wanna visualize it

^Excuse me but what the fuck? Are You Dead Yet? sounded EXACTLY as I predicted - so you shut the fuck up. And what in particular was I wrong about? That COB would release some single this autumn before the actual single release at the end of the year? :D Next time check who you're fucking with n00b

I'm saying that because Something Wild is their closest to black metal.. I mean listen to the first song on the Hypocrisy album Penetralia - I'm having a feeling the guitar sound could be close to that. Maybe closer to HCDR album songs Sixpounder and Angels Don't Kill that are also in that drop-C tuning. Okay? And I'm guessing we're in for some surprise on the synth sounds.

Do you think after taking this direction they would suddenly make another album that sounded like Follow the Reaper or something? They've learned from their mistakes. And it's logical if they keep the same guitar tuning they will just ensure the sound is ok on the album and not muddy shit like on AYDY. And they said they're going a bit more to black metal direction, so my assumption makes perfect sense. I'm making a guess based on logic and feeling, not saying this is how it will be.

Jaska said one of the songs sounds like old school black metal, and one like old Hypocrisy, so..
WTF MAN YOU NEED TO FUCKING READ THE ARTICLES BEFORE POSTING. he said old hypocrisy and OLD SCHOOL _THRASH_ you know, the Thrash no fucking black metal. Tell me what is black metal for you?