New Bodom Songs

C'mon it's a deal here 80% of people bitch at me, has always been and will always be. People feel stronger when they line in groups. I don't have any need for that. I just say what I think. And now can you please tell exactly what false information am I spreading? First off, about the new album, in terms of sound, tempo, style, all I predicted have now been confirmed by Alexi. So before I'm talking shit you should not be dissing me like that.

^^He has a point...he has been wrong many times but this time he proved my suspicions wrong and proved that he wasnt talking bullshit :)

C'mon it's a deal here 80% of people bitch at me, has always been and will always be. People feel stronger when they line in groups. I don't have any need for that. I just say what I think. And now can you please tell exactly what false information am I spreading? First off, about the new album, in terms of sound, tempo, style, all I predicted have now been confirmed by Alexi. So before I'm talking shit you should not be dissing me like that.

Look, maybe you're an ok guy. I don't even know you and I don't make judgements about people based on their posts on some forum. I have nothing against you personally, the only beef I had was with some information on the posts you made. I would have said the exact same things had the poster been someone else but you. I too just said what i felt after reading some of your recent posts. I don't have any desire to "bash" you or line in groups with anyone else. If you want to know what I considered as false or dubious information from you recently, here's what i came up in 5 minutes:

Joonas Lehtonen said:
One thing is for sure: none of these is the album title track.
This was about the new song titles. Proof?

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Yes, I can't imagine Roope as a song writer.
Roope has composed about 40 songs. (See: STONE, Waltari, Dementia, Latvala Bros etc...)

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Um.. it IS the song on Viva la Bands But they won't waste their material for an EP, that's for sure..
Proof? What about Trashed & Lost before AYDY?

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Bodom are gonna fucking play a new kickass single song on the summer festivals and I'll be the first to hear it.
I really hope you do hear it. How many chances are there left?

See the pattern?

(*I'll stop arguing about this now so we wont completely derail this thread)

^^

yes thats why i was so suspicious. Maybe he has a bit of a wrong way expressing himself like that its all speculation and not TRUE FACTS but yes thers a pattern indeed :lol: Well my thoughts would be that they would release a EP but who knows...

Ok. I have a pattern. It's called LOGIC:

* "One thing is for sure: none of these is the album title track."

Could you imagine one of those being the name of their album? Bet you can't.
And well the proof is that Alexi said in a recent interview they do have a working title for the new album atm but he didn't want to reveal it..

* "Yes, I can't imagine Roope as a song writer."

It's true, I can't, to me he just appears as a bum with guitar technique. I know he's written songs, but he's style is much different to Alexi's (=COB's) who won't even let him do a solo because they're so different. I THINK if Roope wanted to try and compose a kickass song for the new album, it might be good but just not cob.

* "Um.. it IS the song on Viva la Bands But they won't waste their material for an EP, that's for sure.."

I think they're in a hurry to make album ready for us. Putting out an EP at this point would just sacrifice their best songs. The EP they made three years ago was because Roope joined in and because there was too fucking long to go till the album they feared they'd be forgotten.

* "Bodom are gonna fucking play a new kickass single song on the summer festivals and I'll be the first to hear it."

Again, an assumption based on logic/history, which proved wrong this time.

It's true, I can't, to me he just appears as a bum with guitar technique. I know he's written songs, but he's style is much different to Alexi's (=COB's) who won't even let him do a solo because they're so different. I THINK if Roope wanted to try and compose a kickass song for the new album, it might be good but just not cob.

Hmm, I thought it was Roope that did the solo on the Talk dirty to me cover.

Ok. I have a pattern. It's called LOGIC:

Theres only guesswork in this no logic at all. Anythin can happen

* "One thing is for sure: none of these is the album title track."

Could you imagine one of those being the name of their album? Bet you can't.
And well the proof is that Alexi said in a recent interview they do have a working title for the new album atm but he didn't want to reveal it..

How do you know? Maybe he just doesnt reveal that its one of those songs?

Roope does sinergy solos he also did solo to knuckleduster.

* "Um.. it IS the song on Viva la Bands But they won't waste their material for an EP, that's for sure.."

I think they're in a hurry to make album ready for us. Putting out an EP at this point would just sacrifice their best songs. The EP they made three years ago was because Roope joined in and because there was too fucking long to go till the album they feared they'd be forgotten.

One thing i know as a guitarist. You cant hurry songwriting! They either turn out crappy or not turn out at all!

* "Bodom are gonna fucking play a new kickass single song on the summer festivals and I'll be the first to hear it."

Again, an assumption based on logic/history, which proved wrong this time.

Yep wrong :)

Ah, crap..

* Theres only guesswork in this no logic at all. Anythin can happen

In my logic if Alexi even says that their music will be sort of faster and heavier than AYDY, we know somewhat how it'll be..

* How do you know? Maybe he just doesnt reveal that its one of those songs?

Pretty far fetched..

* Roope does sinergy solos he also did solo to knuckleduster.

It will still be Alexi who basically does the guitar solos on the next album.. IMO

* One thing i know as a guitarist. You cant hurry songwriting! They either turn out crappy or not turn out at all!

Yes! And if they'd rush out an EP... Okay, we get something to listen to before christmas, yay... but then they'd be in a big fucking hurry to scratch some silly songs for the album itself!

* Yep wrong

And you were like dead sure they would NOT play a new song? Because all the people except me on this forum are such fucking COB pros

Go ahead people try to find further arguments..

* Hmm, I thought it was Roope that did the solo on the Talk dirty to me cover.

Wow.. Gimme a break dude..

^^Yeah i hoped they would play new song =/ i hoped you were right but nope. Maybe alexi was just too pissed to do it haha :lol: Yep basically alexi...we agree pretty much on the half of those now. I THINK the new album will kick AYDYs ass or then itll be a more american and a shitty album...the downfall of COB.
Sorry i got nothing against you mate but i like to find arguments:);) Well all we can hope is that it will turn out great.

Ok.. Just figured "Tie My Rope" is probably inspired by Saddam's death. Maybe on a sub-conscious level at least.

SOB Interview said:
Because I think the solo on "Knuckleduster" is like one of the best solos that I've ever done in my fucking life and the solo of "Trashed" on the same EP isn't as strong as the other one.

But back to Topic: I'm not very familar with Hypocrisy and thrash metal. Can somebody please name some songs I can imagine under 80s old school thrash?

I'm keeping tabs on how crap Joonas is at life and so far he has failed 5 times in the last 2 weeks...... I am thinking about writing a song about him and asking Bam to put it on the album instead of Bodom.

^^I am highly doubtful that the Tie my rope song has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with saddamn...i mean who gives a shit? its not like COBs all song have to have perfect meaning. Who knows it coud be a song about alexis personal life and not some shit happening in irak. It is also a very common title that coud mean alot of things like "kill me" "help me kill myself" and shit if you read between the lines but definetly not saddam getting hanged!!!

I think calling bodom power metal is a bit of an insult and very irrespective towards their musical creatism.

Well, you do know that We're Not Gonna Fall and some others tracks from AYDY are power metal with a bit more tempo and harsh vocals :S
Even the lyrics to some of the songs are power metallish. The synth in that song is power metal all the way. Their older songs are not like this at all, more melo-death like, but ok, let´s call it Bodom Metal.
And shut up, NO, Alexi does not compose it all, he can´t do it all, and do not question Ropee´s writing skills, or Janne´s for that matter.
He´s no Mozart, he´s fucking awesome, but no mozart.