New Cryptopsy song

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Some of you are passing judgment prematurely. Recall that a sample invariably strips any given track of one very important characteristic; context.

Extract a lump of shit from the context of a dogpile and, guess what? You're still holding a turd.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Shut up. Seriously.

Have you ever actually made any positive contributions to this forum, or do you just follow me around bitching? If I wanted an idiotic nag, I'd get married.

Just because I don't post essays about underground albums you think are the pinnacle of music while writing everything but about the music doesn't mean I don't contribute to the forum.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Just because I don't post essays about underground albums you think are the pinnacle of music while writing everything but about the music doesn't mean I don't contribute to the forum.

I always talk about the music, if you want a track by track rundown, download the album. A good review puts music in a conceptual context, rather than mindlessly banging out a list of "sounds likes."

Extract a lump of shit from the context of a dogpile and, guess what? You're still holding a turd.

Anyone who's ever given a well-written record their time would have to agree that certain songs work better in the context of a grander scheme. This may just be the right song at the right point in the album. Your analogy falls apart when you presuppose the dogpile. A lump of shit prima facie could easily turn out to be pretty limestone coated in shit.

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Anyone who's ever given a well-written record their time would have to agree that certain songs work better in the context of a grander scheme.

There is no past history of well-written records to be found in Cryptopsy's back catalog, so the "context" here is an unbroken streak of crappy albums, a framework this crappy song fits quite neatly within.

Laeth MacLaurie said:
There is no past history of well-written records to be found in Cryptopsy's back catalog, so the "context" here is an unbroken streak of crappy albums, a framework this crappy song fits quite neatly within.

you obviously dont like good music.

Laeth MacLaurie said:

Watch closely people, this is where something called OPINIONS come in.

Fair enough. Cryptopsy's records are admittedly an acquired taste. They're not particularly well-structured or coherent, but some things are better than the sum of their parts.

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Fair enough. Cryptopsy's records are admittedly an acquired taste. They're not particularly well-structured or coherent, but some things are better than the sum of their parts.

Some things, perhaps. Maybe the New England Patriots, but Cryptopsy doesn't number among them.