New DT album soon?

AntiWiggin

Mar 16, 2008
It's still kinda far from the 2 year mark of Fictions release, but we should start hearing something about a new album sometime soon I think. So putting that pleasant thought aside for a bit, I was just wondering what you guys would like to see in DTs new album.

Personally, I want them to move back towards Character or Damage Done. I find Fiction really bland.

Anyone else?

I'd guess a CD of new music will be out in 2010 or 2011?
They will record a DVD soon, that will probably be out next year?
and the new CD should follow that in a year or two?
I think Fiction is their best CD *evah*
I never understand why peeps what DT to try
and capture the sound of a CD that was issued in the last century?
As we will never figure out how to time travel you can only go forward in life
unless you're stuck in the past somewhere?

This is a record for me, 6 ? in one post -

I want them to move forward, to do something that will pleasantly surprise us again*. That's what i have loved them for, the ability to innovate and reinvent themselves. Hopefully the new member will help in this direction, as the balances will change.
And i want to see more Niklas' stuff in it (both music and lyrics). Inside the Particle Storm was a breath of fresh air.

*As much as i love this band, i feel that the last few albums -with the exception of a few Fiction songs- were a mere improvement of the sound without much change.

I don't want them to go back to what they already did or anything else for that matter. I have but one expectation: I expect the band to really believe that every song they'll put on the album are worth being shared with their fans and the world. If that will be the case, then surely this future release while be worthwhile.

My only expectation is that they put an instrumental on the next album which includes a saxophone.

Oh, and it has to be perfect of course, but since it is by Dark Tranquillity that should not be a problem.

I'd guess a CD of new music will be out in 2010 or 2011?
They will record a DVD soon, that will probably be out next year?
and the new CD should follow that in a year or two?
I think Fiction is their best CD *evah*
I never understand why peeps what DT to try
and capture the sound of a CD that was issued in the last century?
As we will never figure out how to time travel you can only go forward in life
unless you're stuck in the past somewhere?

This is a record for me, 6 ? in one post -

2010, 2011? Fiction was released in early 2007. I mean, unless DT specifically said they were taking a small hiatus in terms of album making, but most of the time they release a new album every 2 years or so...

2010, 2011? Fiction was released in early 2007. I mean, unless DT specifically said they were taking a small hiatus in terms of album making, but most of the time they release a new album every 2 years or so...
Did they specifically say somewhere that they will release an album every 24 months and i missed that? They're artists ffs.
If you take into account that they have been touring non-stop and that they're still touring for Fiction, i suppose it will take some time. So sit back, grab a lemonade and enjoy the rest of the albums. The new album will be out when they make it.

There were approximately 3 years between Damage Done and Character - but they released the Live Damage DVD, Exposures 2CD and Lost to Apathy EP inbetween. Other than that, 2 years has indeed been the time it usually takes for them to write, record and release a new album.

Thus, even if we get a new DVD before the next album, I'm still expecting the latter to be released by late 2009 or early 2010 at the latest. And I certainly don't think I'm too optimistic with this estimate.

-Villain

Either your greedy, or your fiendin'. My suspicion is the latter.

My opinion is, the album comes when it comes. There's an artist from another genre whose album was announced back in 2004 and signed with a label, left the label, and now has no deal but the album is finished, so I've become a patient man.

All I want from a new DT album is something new and yet old, challenging me as a listener yet also strikingly familiar, like every DT album so far. I love to listen to the progression from Of Chaos all the way through to Fiction, although I don't usually have 4-7 hours to listen to the entire collection chronologically. One thing that I think could be explored is more electronic-based music, whatever that may be. I remember talk of more "emotional" growling/shrieking like on the end lines of Tongues, but that was years ago.

DT members are also a part of the Olympic committee.

Whenever it comes out it'd be cool if their were some parts like Projector, especially the clean singing.

Well, the last few days I've been running through some of DT's earlier albvms - the Gallery, Projector and Haven. Keeping their progression in terms of songwriting in mind - the new album, i feel, should...like someone said earlier, have a 13 minute instrumental, with saxes and flutes and maybe even some Moroccan percussion backing :Smokin:

Im fine for now, Fiction still brings shivers down my spine when i give it a spin.
Though a new album with an instrumental would kick ass, i know they would pull it off and make it fucking sick.

to right it's still blowing me away. a career defining album. but can it be bettered ?

While I recognize that that was a rhetorical question, I'm going to be that guy and answer it.

I find it difficult to consider any of their albums from Projector to present to be a noticeably different quality. Granted, their sound has definitely matured (look at the somewhat separated use of keys and guitars on Haven, compared to the way that they are fused no Fiction), but the albums are primarily differentiated by their intent. Damage Done, I feel, is very angry, while Haven was very introspective. Projector seemed set to change the world, while Character seemed to draw on everything that had come before, with a slight nod to the future. Fiction seems to be a simple, direct step forward from that.

Maybe they'll do another Projector (it won't resemble Projector, but it won't actually resemble anything you've ever heard before). That would be a step in some direction, but I don't see DT taking a step back. At the very worst, they could stagnate. Maybe.