new interview

NineFeetUnderground said:
definitely a true statement. however my intentions was to just squash everyones "ooooh, RoAdRunNerz YuZ SeLLouTs FuX!!!!"

Yeah.... they made such a terrible album that only Roadrunner would agree to release it.

Tool sells their music with their "mystical" imagery... If I came on this board and said "hey guys check out these riffs!", and they were variations of the same 5 chords in drop-d, you would laugh. But make up some bullshit about vortices and high school level existentialism and suddenly everyones sucking your cock.

With clever marketing, and top-notch production (both in recording and the extravagant live show) thay are able to convince legions of people that somehow they are intellegent and unique when essentially they are highly polished, generic rock.

Justin S. said:
Tool sells their music with their "mystical" imagery... If I came on this board and said "hey guys check out these riffs!", and they were variations of the same 5 chords in drop-d, you would laugh. But make up some bullshit about vortices and high school level existentialism and suddenly everyones sucking your cock.

With clever marketing, and top-notch production (both in recording and the extravagant live show) thay are able to convince legions of people that somehow they are intellegent and unique when essentially they are highly polished, generic rock.

Do me a favor and listen to "reflection" on lateralus, and tell me marketing is the reason for that song being incredible.

Brains for breakfast said:
Besides, music is not about technical prowess. If you disagree, you might as well listen to Dream Theatre.

Stop creating "either or" scenarios, its incredibly obnoxious.

How about the Tool fans step forward and actually respond to a critic, instead of falling back on dismissals and insults?

EDIT: BurningSky, Im familiar with their entire catalogue (liked them quite a bit when I was younger). Im not saying they are terrible (that would be a bit much), but certainly not worthy of much praise. As far as 'Reflection' goes, whats so "incredible" about it? Volume swells and eastern scales dont cover up the fact that it, and all other Tool songs, revolve around a single riff concept.

ah the most arrogant band name is probably. "the Greatest Band of All Time."

I don't think anyone has had the guts to name their band that....

It truly is impossible to find Still Life in the US. :(

"EDIT: BurningSky, Im familiar with their entire catalogue (liked them quite a bit when I was younger). Im not saying they are terrible (that would be a bit much), but certainly not worthy of much praise. As far as 'Reflection' goes, whats so "incredible" about it? Volume swells and eastern scales dont cover up the fact that it, and all other Tool songs, revolve around a single riff concept."

Most Tool songs revolve around 1 riff? o_O What about Third Eye? Eulogy? Pushit? The Grudge? Lateralus? Flood? You're silly. :p

Pseud0 said:
i found still life in my cd store here in the US... the reissue digi isn't to hard to find

I haven't managed to find it in even one store, and I've looked in quite a few and found every other album except that one. :(

Well..... I just went and started listening to this Strapping Young Lad sample on their website, and I must say.... HOLY WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT IS THIS? :OMG: