new interview

Tool fans think Tool is greatest band to ever set foot on the soil of this earth just because Tool is merely existentialist, mysterious, and dark...as if no other bands are like that. And of course since Danny Carey has his own drum mathematical theories and other intellectual shit regarding drums, he's the best possible drummer there could ever be in a rock band (regardless if he shows it tool), therefore making Tool the best band ever. And to top it off...Maynard, with his monotone vocals, is the best possible rock singer ever. Wow he can really yell for a long ass time. He is so amazing...Tool are the indisputed rock/metal gods of the world, no one is better than them...not even Frank zappa, Opeth, mahavishnu orchestra, Pink Floyd, Yes, King crimson or even the Beatles are better than them.

I would be a bigger Tool fan...and I used to be a big one with the Aenima record...but these raging lunatic cock breathed fans piss me off so bad with the endless high praise that I have no choice but to say sometimes that TOOL SUCKS!

froggy said:
I haven't managed to find it in even one store, and I've looked in quite a few and found every other album except that one. :(

Well..... I just went and started listening to this Strapping Young Lad sample on their website, and I must say.... HOLY WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT IS THIS? :OMG:

yea strapping young lad rules - buy city immediatly

also, check out Devin Townsend's solo records. Great stuff

Ocean Machine is a favorite of mine.

Dreadful said:
Tool fans think Tool is greatest band to ever set foot on the soil of this earth just because Tool is merely existentialist, mysterious, and dark...as if no other bands are like that. And of course since Danny Carey has his own drum mathematical theories and other intellectual shit regarding drums, he's the best possible drummer there could ever be in a rock band (regardless if he shows it tool), therefore making Tool the best band ever. And to top it off...Maynard, with his monotone vocals, is the best possible rock singer ever. Wow he can really yell for a long ass time. He is so amazing...Tool are the indisputed rock/metal gods of the world, no one is better than them...not even Frank zappa, Opeth, mahavishnu orchestra, Pink Floyd, Yes, King crimson or even the Beatles are better than them.

I would be a bigger Tool fan...and I used to be a big one with the Aenima record...but these raging lunatic cock breathed fans piss me off so bad with the endless high praise that I have no choice but to say sometimes that TOOL SUCKS!

I used to be one of those fans...
I can't listen to Opiate or Undertow anymore, and I only pull out Aenima every 6 months.
However, I still regard Lateralus as one of the greatest albums I have ever heard, and the song Lateralus is my all time favorite.
There are still many, MANY bands, metal, and otherwise, that I enjoy far more than Tool.

Great interview cheers. Though its getting pretty goddamn annoying them saying that its the 'best opeth ever' when we cant have it for a month and a half yet...

Tool is no way the greatest band ever, and yeah, Tool fanboys piss me off (though APC fans are waaaaaaay worse), but come on, they do have some pretty good songs. Good rock songs, which are catchy without being annoying. Heh and the gimmick isn't so bad - at least they put a little effort into it. Oh, and the lyrics arn't half bad either.

froggy said:
It truly is impossible to find Still Life in the US. :(

you're a dumbass. amazon dot com.

and you can go to Great Falls Montana , go to the Hastings in the "O" section of rock/pop section. There you will see a digipack Still Life, along with 2 copies of Morningrise, 1 Orchid, 1 MAYH, 1 Deliverance, 1 BWP and 3 Damnations.

That's in fucking montana, quit bitching. YOu're all dumb if you can't find the CDs.

god forbid you place an order with a vender...oh god, that would just be too much effort wouldn't it.

NineFeetUnderground said:
fantastic interview. im very excited.

and for all of you who still insist on being morons....

Enslain: Should we be worried that now that you've joined with Roadrunner, your sound will become more commercial?
Martin: Not at all, we didn't even know that we were going to join Roadrunner until the record was done.
Many people need to actually realise that.

deliverance said:
*old interview

just found this while browsing opeth pics (was taken to the main page which contained it). thought some of you may like to hear it. cool thing is, it's audio, so you don't have to read! http://www.sinister.com.au/_features/confess/opeth/mikael0304i.php
go phone interviews! (from March '04)

I like how on that website it says "Official Anthrax Website: www.opeth.com"

I don't hate Tool...I just hate their die hard fans...if I actually heard Tool for the first time now...they'd probably be the only band I'd be listening to for awhile. You're right, they do have some catchy hard rock songs gotta admit.