New Jackson RR24

That equals out to about 600 pound for us UK folks. I stuck it in a currency converter.

I'm not bothered about 1 pickup, I went through a phase where I'd play everything with the bridge anyway.

You being a PG fan and all, how can you not be bothered with the neck pickup? :)

Some ascending stuff just needs the neck pickup!

You being a PG fan and all, how can you not be bothered with the neck pickup? :)

Some ascending stuff just needs the neck pickup!

"I went through a phase".

Basically means "omgalexi" mode. :lol:

Now it's "omfgpaulgilbertandyngwiemalmsteenomg" mode so I do use the neck pickup alot more. I still do love the sound of a solo on the bridge though. That's why I wouldn't mind having a guitar with one pickup, 2 isn't essential for me.

Dammit, it has the same spec as the alexi esp....why there such a big gap between the price. I cant believe its only cause the esp one is a signature guitar....

I'd have to play one before I bought it, of course. I'm highly accustomed to an R2 (42mm) nut and string spacing, and I can play things on my ESP (R2) I wouldn't dream of doing on my Rhoads Pro (R3). That said, playability varies from model to model, even guitar to guitar.

Does it really make a difference? It doesnt effect the sound or neck at all. Just looks different.

doesn't affect the sound or playability, but just look plain ugly. FYI, MOTO is what they use on all Japanese series (X, MG, PRO series) and they use MOP on USA select guitars.

Alexi also has a new sig the alexi-200 but its pretty crappy.. Cheap and nasty:yuk: despite its plainess I doesn't look too bad,

alexi-200_BLK.jpg

comes in white or black

I actually like that. except for the pickup. laame

Yes the MSRP is indeed $1,750, so once it is in stores we are looking at a price around $1200.

Note that the Inlays are not Mother of Pearl but MOTO material, and that all of them have black binding, except for the limited editions with upside down sharkfins, which have white binding.

The red beveled one is NOT a Kevin Bond signature, It's a RR24, as you can clearly see.

Also, once I buy mine I will be dropping a Gold OFR in it, and some gold Schaller tuners, as well as putting on a gold volume knob, and it will be just like a WildChild. :loco:

nice, i would look into doing that to, because the WildChild guitar is probably my most favorite guitar in the world

so i played the new jackson today at my local guitar store (they have the red and black one in, and it's sooo sweet). this was my first time playing a V and let me just say....wow, it's so fuckin different playing this thing while sitting down. i'm used to the guitar being close to my body when i play, but with a V it's so different. and my left hand position felt like it had to strain a bit because i had to reach a litte more for the fretboard. i'm sure i could get used to it after a while. but for now, i think i still like Ibanez the best. but that's probably just cuz i'm used to it. lol, and the guy at the store kept trying to persuade me to buy it. i told him i wasn't worthy as yet :p

so i played the new jackson today at my local guitar store (they have the red and black one in, and it's sooo sweet). this was my first time playing a V and let me just say....wow, it's so fuckin different playing this thing while sitting down. i'm used to the guitar being close to my body when i play, but with a V it's so different. and my left hand position felt like it had to strain a bit because i had to reach a litte more for the fretboard. i'm sure i could get used to it after a while. but for now, i think i still like Ibanez the best. but that's probably just cuz i'm used to it. lol, and the guy at the store kept trying to persuade me to buy it. i told him i wasn't worthy as yet :p

I know what you mean. I played "stratocaster shaped" guitars for 5-6 years and then bought my first V shaped ESP last summer. Took a while to get used to it.

Im guessing you play on a ibanez RG? I've used one since ive started playing and I think there awesome guitars to learn on! But ya if you wanna get in shape for a V just change the way you hold your guitar. Hold it like on your left leg kinda inbetween your legs like you would a V so the fretboard is angled, once you get used to that you wont feel that strain next time you try a V :D I also find holding that way much more comfortable then the normal way you hold a strat type shape (like on your right leg and the fretboard not angled)