(New) Love/Hate Thread

Happy late B-day, Keenan!

Love: My wife's friend/roommate finally found her own place and moved out.

Hate: Have struggled finding a new job. Thought I had a sweet new job and possible new career lined up but it didn't work out and it has been tough to not take it personally and get back on the job hunt.

Returned to online teaching but I hope I can find something else because this year is going to suck. I have 2 classes that have 50 students each and then the other 2 have 75 students each! I also got screwed on my teaching schedule...I have 2 regular classes and then 2 classes that are loaded up students in SPED. They hired a new teacher and gave that bitch 2 regular classes and then 2 classes with the accelerated students. I have emailed and texted my supervisor(who happens to be in charge of the schedule) to ask how the schedule was determined but I have not received a reply. I actually feel disrespected by this scheduling decision and am not sure how to get over it and move past it.

Pray to the metal gods that old zerostatic gets a win because I really need one! :kickass:

Hope the teaching is going well!

Love: While I haven't been here in a bit I went on vacation for the first time in years, got to meet some friends I made online while playing Destiny
Hate: Just feeling sorta eh lately after all that fun

My aunt and uncle are both teachers as well, Zero. If it makes you feel any better, it's not just you that's having a hard time. They said that the start of the year has been really rough for them, too. Hopefully it gets better soon, for all involved.

Love : Got fed up with mediocre games and went back to Elden Ring a few days ago. I feel reborn. :lol:
Also love : Gave a girl at work an "intro course" to metal, thanks to Stranger Things getting her interested in it. Ran through various subgenres and explained how they, contrary to popular belief, do not all sound the same.
Hate : This has me feeling some kind of way and I don't know what. It's weird.

Reactions: zerostatic
Hate : Work has sucked major ass the last few weeks. To the point where I'm kind of wondering what I'm still doing there. Oh, and my brother just tested positive for Covid, which means me and everyone in my house (90 year old grandmother included) are pretty much fucked. Things are really going well here.

Love: I saw Vektor last week live and yeah it was great. They have played a really good show although the crowd was so boring anyhow i don't know there was a guy standing in front of me there i thought his brain was amputated or something..
But still the songs they played were kickass all from Black Future, Outer Isolation and Terminal Redux.

Hate: This time we're in right now is in my opinion like a cancer. It's really what keeps us all down and in that shitty mood all the time.

Man, I wish I could see Vektor. Hope they can come back over to the US sometime soon (and with a new album!).

Love : Everything was looking up after that whole back-to-school debacle. Brother didn't give covid to anyone, work calmed down... things have been good for the past month and a half or so.

Hate : Until I got sick myself last week. Was sick for about four days or so with what I THOUGHT was a bad cold. Was not. Was covid. Ended up inadvertently giving it to both my parents, my sister and my other sister's boyfriend. Shit sucks. I mean, on the bright side, my grandmother is with other family at the moment, so she's not in danger and since we all have it now, none of us should have to worry about getting it when we go on a mini-vacation for said grandmother's birthday next month. So... it's not a total loss?

HOLY SHIT WHAT?! THAT'S AWESOME!! What did he say? Was he a jerk? lol

Love : My sister got married on Friday. It was... basically perfect.
Hate : I have been an emotional wreck since Thursday. :lol:

Happy belated new year, Zero! How'd you guys fare over there with that massive cold snap last week? It was all over the news down here on the day my sister got married.

Love/Hate : Speaking of sister's wedding, I've still been feeling some kind of way since. I actually did something crazy... and made a profile on some dating apps. Nothing has come out of it yet (big surprise there) and I'm not sure how I feel about it...

The cold snap was bad, but only for a couple of days. I think it got to -10 or something obscene at night. Turned up the heat and ran the faucets at a light trickle to prevent pipes from freezing.

Time to get out there, Keenan! Good luck...the dating world is tough, glad to be happily married and not in the dating world any more. Years ago when I got somewhat serious about dating I spent a lot of time on self-improvement that ultimately paid off when I found the right woman. Make sure you have good pictures and good luck!

Love: After 17 years as a teacher I resigned from that position back in October. I accepted a support position at an elite university in the Boston area that allows me to continue to use my skills and knowledge, and allows me to work from home 3 days a week!

Hate: Not a whole lot, other than huge, existential issues that are beyond my control.

Nothing yet. :\

It also doesn't help that these apps are designed to be predatory in the way that they're run. They have more microtransactions than an Ubisoft game. "Get premium" this, "Boost your profile" that. I got a subscription for a month (literally ONLY BECAUSE it was half off for $15) and there's STILL stuff they want you to pay for on top of it. It's crazy.

I also take shitty pictures. :lol:

Love : Finished replaying Death Stranding. That game is SO good.
Hate : One of my friends from work had his last day at work yesterday. Didn't tell anyone until he was outed by a manager the morning of. Shit hurt.

It will take time, Keenan. Make sure you have good pictures, no more than one selfie. Paying for a subscription to dating apps is rough. I think I initiated most of the conversations/dates back when I was using an online service. Sometimes I would send a lot of messages and get one or even no replies. I always took that as a sign to mix things up..rewrite my profile, use different pictures. Good luck!

Hate: I've messaged a ton of people so far. Like, multiple people almost every day. Not a single bit of interest back. On top of that , my dad is having some serious heart related issues so I'm just having a rough time in general, these days.

Love: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is great!

Damn, been a bit y'all. Hope you’re all doing well.

love: a friend bought me a copy of five serpents teeth on vinyl! sounds great

hate: weird medical issues lately, lame

Love : Replaying The Witcher 3, the build to this year's Wrestlemania
Hate : Work really sucks these days, both mom and dad are having health issues, those stupid dating apps are actually making me feel WORSE about myself rather than better... and this site looks weird now?!

I hope you are doing alright, Dark!
It's tough out there Keenan...maybe take a break if it isn't fun.

Love - Saw Krisiun, Vader and Decrepit Birth last night! All bands were awesome; Vader might be my favorite band!

Hate - Those bands were selling shirts at $40. I guess they couldn't stay $20 forever. They didn't have the shirt I wanted in my size..whatever.

Hate: New layout looks like shit! what have they thought about this?? It looks like iam on a fucking facebook or other social media crap site!
and also BIG FUCK OFF 2023 i already hate this year and all this mood that is now at the moment in society and everwhere.
Sorry but iam angry as fuck.
Love: Relaxiation, listening music, the fact the world can suck my dick

Woah guys, I know I've been inactive for a while but what the fuck is going on with the forum?! Haha looks like we've gone back in time...

Anyway! Glad to see you're all kicking around and surviving still. I really should pop in more often.

Keenan, really sorry to hear about your parents' health issues. My Dad had a heart attack last year and it scared the shit outta me... thankfully he's fully recovered (for now) and hopefully we don't have to deal with anything like that again. Or at least not for a long time, anyway. Sincerely wishing your 'rents and the all the rest of your family the best - I don't know shit about health care but modern medicine and the human body are both amazing things. Hope it all works out! X

As for dating apps? Fuck. Not got anything for ya! Though if it makes you feel any better I NEVER had ANY luck on them either. Don't give up though. And most importantly don't let it bring you down, you're a smart guy with a lot going for yourself so, don't worry - someone will come along (probably in real life, and probably completely unexpected!)

Sup, Podgie? Hope you are still alive and well.

@Keenan don't let the dating apps get you down man, I was on dating apps off and on for about two years a decade ago until I met my wife. I've been out of the game so long I'm not sure any advice I have is still relevant. I'd send out tons of messages and not get a lot of responses...and then all of a sudden I would receive tons of messages. Time of day, time of the year, your pics, your profile, your message can all be variables that you adjust to find the sweet spot.

You are in sales at Nike right? Think about how you read people to close a shoe sale and think if there is any way you can leverage those skills into sending a customized message and having a conversation that leads to you getting a date or whatever it is you are looking for. Use this time to work on yourself and become the Keenan that you want to be.

Love: My job is fucking amazing.

Hate: I am worried that the university won't renew my contract. There are two of us in this role and honestly there is barely enough work for one of us to complete. My coworker is cool but it is clear that there are entire segments of the workday where is he just fucking off and not paying attention to our ticketing system or the slack feed. Working on becoming more versatile and improving my knowledge and skill set.