New music: What's everybody listening to?

Lately i've been right into

Symphony X - The Odyssey
Symphony X - The Damnation Game
Children of Bodom- Something Wild
In Flames - Come Clarity
Dragon Force - Inhuman Revenge
Disturbed - 10000 Fists
Tool - 10000 Days

Thats all that i got in the stacker in my car and 9/10 times i'm in listening to music its in the car :p

Shain (Obsidian0231)

Ercan Irmak & İlyas Mirzayev - Davet (invitation)

Ercan Irmak: Turkish Ney player (ney: an eastern wind instrument dating back to 5000 BC)
İlyas Mirzayev: Azerbaijani pianist.

This is some kind of meeting point with my own culture's traditional music and poliphonic western music. I gotta tell you it is awesome. Just check out. We have a great musical culture out here to share with the world.

http://www.triolila.com/scripts/katalog/dispalbum.asp?album=*YNYP*-WVJDWIFTBSF*YNYP*-WVJDWIFTBSF

I've been into Kalmah, Elvenking Amon Amarth and Coroner (still) as of late.

I still don't know how these little hardcore twerps think that Slipknot is more aggressive than something like Punishment for Decadence.

Does anyone really care what the previous posts recommend ? Or is this another NP thread. We have an NP thread already.

Actually what i always expect from this kind of a thread is, well we all know pretty much of metal and rock stuff, we usually know most of the bands recommended here, so why not recommend out of the the sytle music here ? I mean, you all must be listening some other stuff too, like elektronica, or punk or ethnic music or whatever comes to your mind. It could be more interesting to know what SX listeners also listen out of style. Cause i don't know why, but nowadays i find myself to be hardly stand any guitar sound, despite the fact that i play one :) I am in the mood of soundtracks, and some electronic stuff for a while. I actually have this kind of periods, i got used to it. The time will come soon when i will want to crack up some SX stuff again :)

turke said:
Actually what i always expect from this kind of a thread is, well we all know pretty much of metal and rock stuff, we usually know most of the bands recommended here, so why not recommend out of the the sytle music here ? I mean, you all must be listening some other stuff too, like elektronica, or punk or ethnic music or whatever comes to your mind. It could be more interesting to know what SX listeners also listen out of style. Cause i don't know why, but nowadays i find myself to be hardly stand any guitar sound, despite the fact that i play one :) I am in the mood of soundtracks, and some electronic stuff for a while. I actually have this kind of periods, i got used to it. The time will come soon when i will want to crack up some SX stuff again :)

Well, when Im not in a metally mood I like to listen to fusion guitarists like Allan Holdsworth (just saw this legend last night with Chad Wackerman on drums and Jimmy Johnson on bass, unbefuckinlievable), and Shawn Lane...Im a big fan of 70s prog rock, my favorite being Genesis (Peter Gabriel-era only)...and I really dig PAIN, thats kind of industrial/techno, but still firmly rooted in metal.

The only non metal/rock or even guitar related music I find myself listening to is some classical stuff, although I'm not a huge buff the way some people on this forum probably are.

turke said:

Yes, it's definitely good to mix up your listening experience. I enjoy some ambient/electronic music like Soma Sonic, Faithless, and some Paul Oakenfold.

I mentioned I'm listening to a duo from Los Angeles called E.S. Posthumus. They create music that's a fusion of orchestral, rock, electronic, and world music. I definitely recommend you check them out if you're into film music. Their music has been featured for many movie trailers (The New World comes to mind), and their song "Nara" is the theme song for the CBS show "Cold Case." I even think one who appreciates the classical/rock element of SX might enjoy this group!

http://www.esposthumus.com/

I'm also into John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Afro Celt Sound System, John Williams, James Horner, Thomas Newman, and other film score composers.

greenaxer said:
Yes, it's definitely good to mix up your listening experience. I enjoy some ambient/electronic music like Soma Sonic, Faithless, and some Paul Oakenfold.

I mentioned I'm listening to a duo from Los Angeles called E.S. Posthumus. They create music that's a fusion of orchestral, rock, electronic, and world music. I definitely recommend you check them out if you're into film music. Their music has been featured for many movie trailers (The New World comes to mind), and their song "Nara" is the theme song for the CBS show "Cold Case." I even think one who appreciates the classical/rock element of SX might enjoy this group!

http://www.esposthumus.com/

I'm also into John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Afro Celt Sound System, John Williams, James Horner, Thomas Newman, and other film score composers.

That is great man, I also like Oakenfold's stuff. I am sure you know his work for the film "Swordfish". Especially the song "Dark Machine". It is a killer.

Also about the soundtracks, Alan Silvestri is one of my favorites. He did the wonderful music for "Back to The Future, Forest Gump, Contact, and Predator (amazing stuff)...".

And John Williams is definately the "final frontier" for a musician to be in his/her career.

I'll check out the link you gave. Keep it coming people :)