New Opeth album announced

Ender Rises

Wass sappening?
From Mikael Akerfeldt's Myspace blog

That's the name of the the new album right there...
Songs?

1. Coil
2. Heir Apparent
3. The Lotus Eater
4. Burden
5. Porcelain Heart
6. Hessian Peel
7. Hex Omega

We also recorded an extra track called "Derelict herds" + a few covers: "Bridge of sighs" (Robin Trower), "Den ständiga resan" (Marie Fredriksson) & "Would?" (Alice in chains). The album's set to be released through Roadrunner worldwide in late May (in some territories) and early June (in others). I can't remember the dates besides we never seem to keep them anyways.

Hope you will check it out...it's delicious like fresh custard on a blueberry pie! Or a beer.....

Working on the sleeve now and it will be nice.
Cheers to you whose religion is Heavy Metal music!

Mike

HOLY FUCK THEY'RE COVERING ALICE IN CHAINS.

^very mature

Clarification: I don't hate AiC, I just don't think they have a whole lot of talent.

I am looking forward to it. Is it gonna be a concept album?

who cares, it's just bonus crap

anyway, I'm pumped, should be killer

and "watershed" is a much better name than Holocaust on the Moon :lol:

I actually can't wait to hear that AiC cover - a lot of people can appreciate that they wrote killer tunes. Their albums were well put together and the melodies were incredible at times.

^very mature

Clarification: I don't hate AiC, I just don't think they have a whole lot of talent.

I am looking forward to it. Is it gonna be a concept album?

What do you consider "talent"?

I think Opeth covering Alice In Chains is a pretty shitty idea as much as I love them.

I can't wait. I really enjoyed Ghost Reveries and think the new album is going to be much better.

Ghost Reveries and Damnation were good albums despite the huge commercial direction they took (but quite honestly, they always had commercial leanings).