new opeth song/cd

I like the CD, but I don't think it's as good as Still Life, Blackwater Park, or Damnation.

ghost reveries is brilliant! kinda reminds me of blackwater park with the eerie-ness to it. can't wait to see them come tour time... better than deliverence and damnation i thought.

im about to check out the song ghost of perdition, and i'm hooked on damnation. i just got morningrise, and its cool but u can obviously tell its early-Opeth. Deliverance is next on my list, as i already have blackwater. then i'll check out still life. and that takes care of this week. i for one am not going to download the whole Ghost Reveries cd, cuz being a musician myself i can honestly say i wouldnt want people doing that with my stuff. and by the way i have 2 Aborted Existence songs mixed & back from our studio in Baltimore, so PM me if you want a preview.

IM waiting till the album actually comes out, but i have enough confidence that opeth will be able to impress me so im not gonna bother downloading it. Besides, by the time it finished the album will be out (i have a slow computer/poor connection). My favorite Opeth album is definately Still Life, one of my favorite albums of all time as well. SO i doubt it will match up, but im sure ill be pleased

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
ohhhhhhhhhhhh shit im getting a VERY SLIGHT Lateralus (Tool, you chicken fuckers) feel in Ghost of Perdition. a-frkn-mazing.

I heard that too. Isn't López a Tool fan?

Meedleyx10 said:
IM waiting till the album actually comes out, but i have enough confidence that opeth will be able to impress me so im not gonna bother downloading it. Besides, by the time it finished the album will be out (i have a slow computer/poor connection). My favorite Opeth album is definately Still Life, one of my favorite albums of all time as well. SO i doubt it will match up, but im sure ill be pleased

I thought this album is their best since 'Still Life'. Still Life is also my favorite.

Rose Immortal said:
I heard that too. Isn't López a Tool fan?

Opeth, as a band a whole all like Tool. I remembered seeing one of the members wearing a Tool shirt. Not that I like Tool of course, but I thought it was good. SFAM and now this :cool:

Bit torrenting Ghost Reveries was a good idea! I love this disc and will probably purchase it when it comes out (if I have the money).

ThornsOfSorrow said:
I love the very first singing part in Ghost of Perdition. It almost reminds me of a country song or something. The whole album is very different.

yeah, that part's damn sweet. I remember getting shivers when I heard that the first time. What I love even more is the reprise of it at the end of the song, great ending to the song.

When I first heard 'The Grand Conjuration' I wasn't really impressed.. after a couple of listens I thought it was good Opeth, like the stuff on Deliverance. So I thought the new album would be more of the modern, heavy Opeth. Nothing wrong with that, but I really respect what they did on this album. They're on Roadrunner, and they're releasing this.. a full on classic Opeth album. In my opinion Opeth doesn't get any better than this. This is at the top of my list together with My Arms Your Hearse and Still Life.