New Social Thread

Coming from a guy who played baseball for about 12 years... that's got to be pretty much the most soul crushing moment there could possibly be in a baseball game. Losing sucks, losing in a walkoff sucks... losing in a championship game sucks... but to lose your own absolute perfection, your one moment of complete and utter success... no fault of your own.

That's devastating.

1 out. Seems fair to me. Losing a challenge is essentially just delaying an already fucking slow as balls game anyway, so the penalty should be 1 out.

Coming from a guy who played baseball for about 12 years... that's got to be pretty much the most soul crushing moment there could possibly be in a baseball game. Losing sucks, losing in a walkoff sucks... losing in a championship game sucks... but to lose your own absolute perfection, your one moment of complete and utter success... no fault of your own.

That's devastating.

It's not as devastating as all that imo. Winning = more important overall.

People are going to say they should use replay, but if they used replay for every close first base call the games would last forever because there is usually like one a game. People always bitch about baseball being boring so they shouldn't do something to increase that. Instant replay on home runs I am totally for, but this is an extremely exceptional circumstance.

Baseball sucks anyway. There is no way to go back and undo that call with opening a huge pandora's box on the umps.

Well you dislike NCAA football and NBA so I can't trust you right there. On cookie topic you are right. I think it should be only for home runs.

Also does anyone here like boxing? I'm getting into it and is better than that UFC crap. Sweet Science ftw.

You like boxing over UFC. You also like the NBA, and NCAA football(home to the biggest mismatches year after year in all of sports).

Fail.

Well you dislike NCAA football and NBA so I can't trust you right there. On cookie topic you are right. I think it should be only for home runs.

Also does anyone here like boxing? I'm getting into it and is better than that UFC crap. Sweet Science ftw.
Yes, I do like boxing. And I guess you'll be tuning into the Cotto-Foreman fight on HBO?
Both MMA and boxing are interesting sports. They both can be entertaining and boring in their own ways. MMA appeals to more people with a short attention span because of the short bout times and sometimes short fights(those stopped). Not to mention MMA has more in the way of extensive striking utilizing a variety of methods(muy thai, kickboxing, etc...). You'll probably see more action in MMA because of the atmosphere and timespan for fights.
Boxing is the sport built on hit and don't be hit. It's called the sweet science for a reason. There all sorts of styles of fighters within boxing just like in MMA. Boxing takes more patience to get into because of the nature of the sport, but there's still plenty of fights that would appeal to your average MMA fan. Boxing matches can go all the way to 12X3 minute rounds. Boxing seems more like a secondary sport nowadays.
Don't forget this important fact: Boxers are the best strikers in the world!
Don't let MMA fool you. There are good strikers in MMA. But since MMA is built on defense against a variety of fighting styles, there's only so much boxing you'll learn, and improve for the octagon.
The average pro boxer would dominate the best MMA strikers in a boxing match.
If anyone wants to see what happens when a good MMA striker goes against one of the best past his prime boxers in the world, I recommend you watch this video of Ray Mercer Vs. Tim Sylvia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind MMA but UFC makes MMA look bad. Yes I might turn in the Cotto-Foreman fight tommorow. Lot of great reasons there Derek. I'm surpise that in a world where violence is popular, boxing isn't. I send you a group request to "People who love sports and metal" on Last FM.

Mathiäs;9138205 said:
It's not as devastating as all that imo. Winning = more important overall.

Not really. Just winning one baseball game isnt that big of a deal, especially early in the mlb season.