New Social Thread

Anyone who even attempts to deny that there are far more shitty beers than there are good ones, and that pretty much all of the most popular kinds that you're likely to run into in a public setting or at a social event are also very bad is an idiot. I don't see how that can even remotely be considered a stupid statement, but given the people who took umbrage to it, I'm not surprised because none of you are exactly scholars or luminaries.

EDIT: God, I am a bitch, but it is oh so sweet to be one at times like this.

You're trying a little bit too hard to be a faggot, but I'm not going to try to tell you what to do and I suggest that you reciprocate.

I'm pretty sure they would die of dehydration.

Well medieval english people more or less lived on ale.

I don't really drink shite like Carling or Carlsberg which is the standard larger in most pubs here, so I suppose I agree with Omni to an extent.

Anyone who even attempts to deny that there are far more shitty beers than there are good ones, and that pretty much all of the most popular kinds that you're likely to run into in a public setting or at a social event are also very bad is an idiot. I don't see how that can even remotely be considered a stupid statement, but given the people who took umbrage to it, I'm not surprised because none of you are exactly scholars or luminaries.

Oh come on, at first you were saying "almost all beers", now you're saying "almost all beers one finds in public settings or social events". Two different things, as obviously there are a lot of great microbrews that can't be found at your average bar or sports game. I think your original statement still has some claim to 'stupidity' -- or rather inaccuracy, whether intentional or not.

Hey, don't feel guilty - that's what GMD loves you for. :)

How the fuck would you know anyway? You just said that you hardly ever drink and when you do is some form of "liquor or spirits." So when the fuck did your opinion on something you hardly ever drink become so enlightened that those of us who actually do indulge in this form of alcohol are considered ignorant shitheads because we don't fit the mold of Bill Fucking Nye The Beer Drinking Connoisseur Science Guy. ugh...

Do us all a favor, yourself included, and fuck off.

If beer in general was such a great tasting beverage then there would be an insurgence of people producing and buying non-alcoholic beers in an effort to get the taste in situations where consuming alcohol isn't appropriate.

If beer in general was such a great tasting beverage then there would be an insurgence of people producing and buying non-alcoholic beers in an effort to get the taste in situations where consuming alcohol isn't appropriate.

:lol: Oh, sound logic.

EDIT: and :lol: again at the post above.

Fermentation is a key element in the brewing process. It's a very specific and controlled reaction, and non-alcoholic beer has practically no fermentation process, which is why the alcohol content is so low. Which, in turn, is why it tastes bad. Real beer, on the other hand, tastes fantastic.

The point is the alchohol/fermentation provides a distinct taste that NA beer cannot provide, regardless of how it's made.

Edit: Post jumped.