New Social Thread

They all taste the same to me. Something about the flavor is like gross medicine.

You can say I'm ignorant, but since I find it so repugnant on impact I have no desire to try more to see if I hate all of them.

Dude, nice Jethro Tull tracks going on in the playlist there!

Fuck yeah dude, I've been rockin' the Tull pretty steadily lately. As in, I'm listening to them right now. :lol:

I need to pick up their early stuff (i.e. This Was & Stand Up) -- I have some compilation of theirs and they have some amazing shit from that period!

Stand Up and This Was are both pretty awesome.

I love the pop up of all the members in the gatefold in Stand Up.

Fuck yeah dude, I've been rockin' the Tull pretty steadily lately. As in, I'm listening to them right now. :lol:

I need to pick up their early stuff (i.e. This Was & Stand Up) -- I have some compilation of theirs and they have some amazing shit from that period!

Both of those albums are fantastic, and exhibit some traits of Tull that go widely unnoticed (i.e. the fact that they used to be a pretty badass rhythm and blues band, that Ian Anderson can sound different if he tries, that they aren't always progressive, etc.). "Beggar's Farm" (which I saw in your playlist) is one of their best songs, as is "Back to the Family" (from Stand Up).

I one day wish to own all Tull albums.

I highly doubt they're all worth owning.

Unfortunately, Grant's right. Crest of a Knave should be avoided at all costs (not because it won the Grammy for best hard rock/metal album, but because it's a travesty of a record). A is also pretty bad. Basically, their 80s material takes a pretty steep decline. Broadsword and the Beast is decent, but is redeemed by only a few very good songs. I'm not all that familiar with their newer material. After the lineup for Stormwatch (which was the lineup they had for most of the 70s and during the folk trilogy; their best, in my opinion) they really lost something magical.

Awesome!

I fell violently on the way to work this morning and banged up both my knees and the palms of my hands. I was half-running to catch a bus trying to get money out of my wallet and tripped over a curb. Not the best start to the day, but at least it's sunny again!

It's an acquired taste, will certainly be strange the first time you do if you choose to. Leaves a heavy sort of perfumey smell in your nose/mouth.

First drink tastes really good going down, then awful when that alcohol bites you... eventually if you drink enough the alcohol bite dies... but so does the taste of what you're drinking. You cant win :lol:

Personal recommendation after going way too far into several bottles is just take a shot, then mix whatever you're drinking for the rest of the night, I dont care what proof it is, at about a rate of 80% totally non alcoholic liquid, 20% whatever alcohol. (never more than 70/30)

If you're dying to get drunk, use everclear and the same formula.

I killed a bottle of Ice 101 and a half a bottle of crown royal by myself one night, and I dont wish the morning after on my worst enemy.

No Z button

I dont think I've ever biffed and actually rolled. (unless attempting to snowboard) I tend to smash into the ground and stay there.

Awesome!

I fell violently on the way to work this morning and banged up both my knees and the palms of my hands. I was half-running to catch a bus trying to get money out of my wallet and tripped over a curb. Not the best start to the day, but at least it's sunny again!

I thought azns were all super agile ninjas and stuff? Way to totally ruin my perception.