New Social Thread

A few years back at Gigantour, my buddy Mike and I got to meet Nevermore. My buddy is a bassist, so naturally he had Jim Sheppard, the bassist of Nevermore, record his voicemail message. It took a couple of tries for it to stick, but for a couple years whenever you called Mike and got his voicemail you'd hear, "Hey this is Jim from Nevermore. We're at Gigantour having a gigantic time. Leave a message for Mike or don't say anything at all."

Later that day, we were just standing around and he came over and talked to us and told a story about doing drunken karaoke with Abbath from Immortal who did Tom Jones :lol:

I've personally met tons of celebrities, but no musicians worth mentioning.

The best online interactions that I've had were with Brendan Perry of Dead Can Dance and David Gold from Woods of Ypres. David Gold sent me some hate email because I said something about not liking them on another site and he read it. He also threatened me with physical violence if I ever went to one of their shows. I was kind of embarrassed for him.

david gold posts on this website..is really the only people you've met is online? 'the best online interactions' lol..

david gold posts on this website..is really the only people you've met is online? 'the best online interactions' lol..

Yeah, I know that he posts here. I've talked to plenty of people, but those were the most interesting ones that I've had. It isn't everyday that I get threatened by an idiot from a bad black metal band.

I guess that I could also mention my talks and interview with the Velvet Cacoon guy which has been posted on this site before, although I don't give a damn about his music.

I think you do!

Edit: I guess I should jump in on this "I met so and so" business.

I once exchanged a series of e-mails with Loic from Belenos in regards to getting some albums. His choice of words was amusing, He said things like "I demand 65 euros". He also told me that I purchased the last copy of Errances Oniriques.

In Detroit last Halloween I almost collided head on with Jim Sadist of Nunslaughter and then bought some albums from Don of The Dead and Reaper.

Oh and once Fenriz responded to me on myspace haha.

That is about the extent of my musician interactions.

I've:

-Talked with Wrath of Averse Sefira a couple of times
-Hung out with Daniel and Julio of The Chasm for a few minutes in Chicago
-Chatted with Alex Blume of Ares Kingdom when I saw them in Houston
-Talked to Chuck Keller at the same gig about the nature of Order from Chaos
-Verbally sucked Ross Dolan's cock after he singled me out as "that guy" shouting all of the lyrics following the show when I went to look at merch
-Talked to Vitek of Decapitated for a while a few months before he died

I guess I'm famous.

I have shaken, slapped, or grabbed hands with many members of many bands during sets, the best of which was Johan Hegg of Amon Amarth because he didn't touch anyone else in the crowd and I felt special. It helps that I'm huge and can get up to the barrier and then reach across the gap between barrier and stage.

Also, met 3 and got my copy of The End Is Begun signed by the whole band.

the best of which was Johan Hegg of Amon Amarth because he didn't touch anyone else in the crowd and I felt special.

So maybe you're jealous that I met him and spoke to him for a good 2-3 minutes before running off to meet Textures. The man is a fucking monster. Intimidating is an understatement. Also, the beer can that Hegg threw during the concert, hit my friend right in the chest and then splashed over me. Luckily he caught it despite the pain and we relished whatever was left and then sang Guardians of Asgaard. It was epic.

So maybe you're jealous that I met him and spoke to him for a good 2-3 minutes before running off to meet Textures. The man is a fucking monster. Intimidating is an understatement. Also, the beer can that Hegg threw during the concert, hit my friend right in the chest and then splashed over me. Luckily he caught it despite the pain and we relished whatever was left and then sang Guardians of Asgaard. It was epic.

Nice :lol: