New Social Thread

Malcolm would be just right if he didn't try to fuck with Islamic history and renaming himself El-Shabazz and whatever and just focused on being a black American in the 20th century and not taking shit from people.

From what I've read about Malcolm X I think he seemed to be on the right track with many things, if nothing else he must have raised the confidence of millions of people. It's just kind of sad and ironic that his idea of denouncing white culture and re-connecting with African culture was to convert from Christianity to Islam, a religion sprung from the very same source and not indigenous to Africa at all.

It is rather crazy how many blacks in the U.S. converted to Islam in the mid 20th century -- many due to Malcolm X and his 'mentor' whose name I can't remember.

They should have picked Rastafarianism instead, haha

And then people began figuring out that even with all the racism in the U.S. it was still a paradise compared to Africa :lol:

I'm back in the United States now. Spain was a lot of fun, but I did miss things about America. I'll be ready to start pursuing my second Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish next month.

so I'm taking down my old window blinds to install my new ones, and I remove the mounting bracket from the wall and see just the tiniest area of what looks like mold growing. and of course the tip of one of my fingers touched it. it's an area of maybe five square inches. but still. time to get the bleach out I suppose