New Social Thread

Clearly that swimming broke your game dawg.

I can put a bawl in yo yo yo so you can yo yo yo bawl, dawg.

Thinking of excuses to not go to my friend's party tomorrow. It's going to be exactly like this picture x 100 people and I would rather go to a bar and meet dorks with tattoos than watch my drink with utmost paranoia.

Seriously man, fuck bro parties. Shit's just not cool.

I would like to point out that I am terribly irresponsible when it comes to my finances. I spend money like it is going to expire. HALP!

So I've been in Connecticut the past week. What happened here?

On the topic of doing shit on the beach, me and a couple buddies took a boat to a small island and smoked a bunch of weed and camped.

Basil Marceaux didn't win the GOP Primary in my state. It would've been funny and we would've had a potential likable leader in him. :lol: One thing is for sure. He would turn this state around. :lol:

so I had to turn down a fucking awesome job today :(

I work on campus for an organization called the learning alliance. campus rules state you can only work 20 hours a week as a graduate assistant (what I am), a student assistant or a teaching assistant. I interviewed for a Faculty in Residence English tutor job for the off campus dorms, the Residential Learning Community. Instead of paying me, the compensation was room and board: a really sweet one bedroom apartment in the dorm.

Learning Alliance is my paying job, and even though the RLC is off campus, the 20 hour limit still applied. I asked the English department chair if she would sign off on this being an internship. My boss at the learning alliance was working with the associate dean of the college of liberal arts to see if they could swing it so I could work my 20 hours at the learning alliance and 10 hours at the RLC. My boss emails me two days ago and says everything is looking great

Then she calls me yesterday, and said everything fell through. Had something to do with room and board are considered taxable income by federal law. So the deal was either 10 hours at the RLC and 10 hours at the Learning Alliance (which would cut my income exactly in half but would give me a place to live) or just do the 20 hours at the Learning Alliance.

So I stuck with my 20 hours at the Learning Alliance. 10 hours would leave them strapped and have to hire a 4th GA. I will have 4 classes I will be helping teach in the Fall and be apart of some really cool new things with the college of liberal arts. but still it sucks I could've gotten a free place to live with free food

TL;DR I could've gotten a free apartment and board with a new job, but my income would've been cut in half which would prevent me from being able to pay bills and tuition.

that really sucks man. but yeah, if all they're giving you is room and board that's just not sustainable

Party wasn't on a jetski, it was at the Asian watermelon kid's house not near a boat or water. Glad I didn't go; instead I went with a couple girlfriends to BRO NIGHT downtown and enjoyed people watching.

i've for some reason gotten stuck in this mood where i contemplate drastic spontaneous changes in my life such as packing up and driving across the country finding odd jobs to make a living until i find someplace suitably comfortable for me on a level deeper than "this is nice"

but i don't quite have the drive to do it hah

Well unless you have enough money saved up to live on the road for potentially months without work while doing hundreds/thousands of miles of driving, or are really good at meeting helpful people wherever you go, I'd say it takes a good amount of drive to live out of your car and go dumpster diving for your food, yeah.

I would like to point out that I am terribly irresponsible when it comes to my finances. I spend money like it is going to expire. HALP!

Human nature. Some people are just better at controlling it than others. I certainly am not.

i've for some reason gotten stuck in this mood where i contemplate drastic spontaneous changes in my life such as packing up and driving across the country finding odd jobs to make a living until i find someplace suitably comfortable for me on a level deeper than "this is nice"

but i don't quite have the drive to do it hah

Oh hey me too! I have this friend who lives in California and she is always bugging me to move out there or at least come and visit, and lately I have been thinking," why the fuck not?". Would be a huge change though.

Oh hey me too! I have this friend who lives in California and she is always bugging me to move out there or at least come and visit, and lately I have been thinking," why the fuck not?". Would be a huge change though.

Yeah, I've got a good friend who lives up in Alberta, Canada and I swear one of these days I'm going to take a trip up to see her, but just besides that I don't like this 'static' life I live. I need something to either kick my ass into gear and make me actually do something with my life or just aimlessly wander like that until I find what I need to do.

Well unless you have enough money saved up to live on the road for potentially months without work while doing hundreds/thousands of miles of driving, or are really good at meeting helpful people wherever you go, I'd say it takes a good amount of drive to live out of your car and go dumpster diving for your food, yeah.

Yeah, that is mostly the issue at hand haha

Yeah, I've got a good friend who lives up in Alberta, Canada and I swear one of these days I'm going to take a trip up to see her, but just besides that I don't like this 'static' life I live. I need something to either kick my ass into gear and make me actually do something with my life or just aimlessly wander like that until I find what I need to do.

I have said this exact thing a lot recently. Maybe the The Davids from Michigan should join forces and be some sort of Vagabond duo, wandering the country having adventures.