New Social Thread

Luckily I stayed at home when I got that stupid drunk, and just ended up flailing and rolling around on the lawn, and nearly shitting myself.

The next morning was a bitch, I'll tell you though.

Bar-hopping and pub-crawling is pretty unappealing to me since I've been legal for almost 3 years now. It's one thing to meet up with your friends for some beers or whatever but another entirely to go "hurr I wonder how many bars I can hit in one night brah!" I like clubs but that's because I'm really into the music and dancing aspect.

Sounds like me then. Only clubs or bars I go to are the places where my band plays gigs. I don't drink that much when we play because I don't exactly want to drive home drunk or leave my equipment in my car, out in the open.

There's a Goth club over here that I've never been to, and is apparently not too bad. Can't be any worse than going to another typical club where all the other douchebags go to that plays crappy music. And going to clubs that actually play half decent Drum & Bass, is usually just filled with pill popping punters.

Another factor for not going as often as people my age do is because I hate sinking alot of money into alcohol or a "night out". Ever since I've gone out less often, I've saved up enough money to mod 3 of my guitars, buy a US made Gibson Explorer, two 4x12 cabinets, and 3 amps and still have plenty of money for a rainy day.

@WAIF, I've had the same problem as you in the past with blacking out, and drinking much more after that. After a few too many times though you realize that blacking out can lead to doing immensely stupid shit, and can get you into alot of trouble.

Yeah, I have yet to do something disastrous (I don't really have the personality for it, I'm honestly pretty laid-back in person)(except for being somewhat neurotic about some stuff), but I'm gonna try not to let it happen again. Last Saturday I set out to make sure it didn't happen and was successful, despite drinking a somewhat cringeworthy amount (I also kept myself fairly sober, enough to converse with females and such), so I just need to be careful and not let anyone upend a bottle of vodka over my mouth again.

It's not stupid and waste of time if you enjoy it.

There's no way you actually believe that. Imagine if I said something like "I enjoy skullfucking babies. Nothing wrong with that."

On the subject of going out and having a good time and being decadent: I like going out, dancing with broads, and all that, but I would never sink to the level of dancing to Ke$ha. I really cannot stand going to mainstream clubs, mostly because I don't like the people and the social dynamic and I can't dress the way I normally like to dress. That's not to say that the places I frequent are filled with a bunch of geniuses or something, but I feel more comfortable there, and it's just far enough outside of my True Metal comfort zone without requiring me to do anything I would consider too douchey. Also, I enjoy dancing for its own sake (very unmetal of me) so I like it to be to music that I actually don't hate.

Sometimes I miss just hanging out with my metal friends. I've been particularly nostalgic about that lately. It's been a long time since I went to a good heavy metal vomit party.

Uh WAIF, what has college done to you? You weren't like this at all. You remind me of my friend, who now lives in Sweden.

There's no way you actually believe that. Imagine if I said something like "I enjoy skullfucking babies. Nothing wrong with that."

On the subject of going out and having a good time and being decadent: I like going out, dancing with broads, and all that, but I would never sink to the level of dancing to Ke. I really cannot stand going to mainstream clubs, mostly because I don't like the people and the social dynamic and I can't dress the way I normally like to dress. That's not to say that the places I frequent are filled with a bunch of geniuses or something, but I feel more comfortable there, and it's just far enough outside of my True Metal comfort zone without requiring me to do anything I would consider too douchey. Also, I enjoy dancing for its own sake (very unmetal of me) so I like it to be to music that I actually don't hate.

Sometimes I miss just hanging out with my metal friends. I've been particularly nostalgic about that lately. It's been a long time since I went to a good heavy metal vomit party.

Context, sweetcheeks. I was referring specifically to going out and dancing and partying. Obviously some things are never okay even if you enjoy them. Skullfucking babies included.

I like Ke$ha but I agree that most "mainstream" clubs and bars are too packed with people I have nothing in common with and dudes who make me feel uncomfortable. While some people may get off on flattery or attention I just feel disgusting and threatened if I go out and dudes are leering at me and trying to touch me. It's one thing to say "oh hi, witty banter, yer cute" and another entirely to start grinding on a strange woman without eye contact. I understand that anonymous grinding is protocol for many dance environments, but similarly to Cythraul I feel much more comfortable (and as a chick, SAFE) in slightly less mainstream environments.

'80s nights and purely music-focused house/electro/techno joints are where I feel most at home because the focus is on dancing for FUN and not on skill or sexually predatory behavior. Metal pubs are very chill too because the clientele are typically laid back people who want to drink and talk about music. Goth clubs are entirely dependent on the clientele, can range from retardedly snobby (was once denied entry to a goth club because my companion - a long haired German with a goatee and Docs - was wearing a grey shirt instead of a black shirt) to super chill and fun.

I don't have any metal friends. You guys are my metal friends. I hate my life.

My girlfriend's visiting this weekend. I got us tickets to see Great Big Sea on Friday, and we're going to see a friend of mine's sketch comedy on Saturday. Three cheers for sex and good times.

And drinking, but I already have an excuse to do that.

A person I knew in high school was always called Kesha. What's strange is that it doesn't make reference to anything at all. The guy was named Rickard, and Kesha was a seemingly completely random nickname. Now this artist comes along with another made up name that spells the same, albeit with a dollar - s.

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint1.jpg

What's so weird about the name Kesha? It's better than "Madison" or those stupid recent trendy yuppie names

It's not weird, it just sounds fucking stupid.

Key-shuh/Kay-shuh.

Mad-i-sun

You seriously think that "ShUH" sound is better?

Sorry, but FUCK NO. I also love the irony, that this topic was originally brought about by a bitch who spells her name with a dollar sign. Yuppie name indeed.

The only odd/"dumb" thing about the name Madison is that it's a matronymic surname.

And Keisha, Lakeisha, and all other "ghetto" sounding fucking names can eat shit and die.