New Social Thread

At work I get the pleasure of listening to awful music like Kesha and similar talentless autotune garbage. I typically pay no attention to mainstream music so I've been completely oblivious to all music that's keepin' it pop and fresh lately. But honestly, I thought pop music had degraded itself to the lowest level possible, but wow, I was entirely wrong. I can't wait for all instruments to have the same distorted sounds as the autotuned vocals!

Hahahahaha!! So, last night, at the Subway on my campus there were two women with the names Lashonda and La-a respectively. I was loling the fuck out.

My friend worked for Head Start and some genius named her 4 kids A-shaun, B-shaun, C-shaun and D-shaun.

I love the name "Deshaun" but come on, alphabet names?!

I'm not sure why some motherfuckers get so upset about black names. I can see not wanting to name your own kids with them, but some people get really mad that they exist and get all uppity, like naming your kid Laquan is going to ruin the world or something. Part of being an American and not a North Korean is that you get to name your kid what you want.

People are free to be complete fucking morons, just as the rest of us are free to hate them for it. I personally feel that more black people should adopt the attitude of Bill Cosby and express disapproval of tacky ghetto culture (the made up names for kids, sagging jeans, gaudy jewelry, slutty clothes for women and girls, and disdain for hard work and academia). White people have a counter culture that behaves the same way, and they live in trailer parks. I can't say that the rest of us approve of their lifestyles, either.

^It "still sounds dumb".

And I don't dislike "black names" because of their afro-centric origin. I dislike them because most of the time they sound fucking terrible.

Keh-shuh sounds even worse. Like trying to say it with a really really hardcore valley girl accent.

I agree Saparmurat, there are plenty of people in all colors who are acting like retards. I just think the names thing is totally irrelevant to anything and it makes me sad that people have all kinds of assumptions about folks based on their NAMES (which their parents named them).

Also, all names are "made up names."

The weirdest ones I've actually heard from real life were: Bonquisha, Shante, Shanisha, Shaquesha, and Briawna. There are probably more. The town next to mine is kind of ghetto and I used to live there.

Ahahaha. We worked at Target together. I guess that's close enough to stripping.

I do have a friend who worked at a lap dance bar for a while. Her alias was "Slater."