New Social Thread

Ahahaha. We worked at Target together. I guess that's close enough to stripping.

I do have a friend who worked at a lap dance bar for a while. Her alias was "Slater."

Slater-dazed-and-confused-1626436-200-200.jpg

Yeah who is that Rasta dude? He looks like Gollum in a cannabis shirt.

Ahaha Grant my Target was probably the same as any other Target. It's new and in an OK area so it's one of the more pleasant Targets in my home environs.

I kinda miss working there. Employee breakdown

70% obese
0.5% Asian (hell yeah for Krampus and that funny little Chinese dude Yunus)
10% college bound teenagers/college kids
20% not college bound teenagers/young twentysomethings
5% should have been retired long ago
1% mentally handicapped
40% Puerto Rican American
10% with fake nails
5% creepy sex offender
0.25% African chemistry students (God bless Fisan, every time I did something wrong he got blamed for it by our supervisor)

^It "still sounds dumb".

And I don't dislike "black names" because of their afro-centric origin. I dislike them because most of the time they sound fucking terrible.

I agree. Most people would argue that's probably racist to say you don't like the names but honestly, there really isn't much to most black names so how can it be? They mostly just consist of takes on already existing names. A lot of it's in the prefixes and suffixes.

For guys, it's incredibly easy. Take a name like Mario, add "Ja" to the beginning and now you've got Jamario. Ty-anything works fine too just like Da, De etc. You can end a name with ell/el like in Darnell, Jarmel, Quandell etc.

I don't think I've ever met anyone with a name like those. The black people I've met have had really old school normal names like Winston or Eunice.

The black guy at the Starbucks on campus is very well spoken. He clearly doesn't have a weird sounding name. His name is Joseph Miller.

I take the Chris Rock stance on black people.

There are black people...

...and then there are my pals.

I apply this thought to all ethnicities.

I take the Chris Rock stance on black people.

There are black people...

...and then there are my pals.

I apply this thought to all ethnicities.

Same here, except I use my pals or thug to refer to people who embrace ignorance, criminality, drug abuse, poverty, etc. regardless of ethnicity.

I agree. Most people would argue that's probably racist to say you don't like the names but honestly, there really isn't much to most black names so how can it be? They mostly just consist of takes on already existing names. A lot of it's in the prefixes and suffixes.

You mean like John, Jonathan, Jonathon, Johann, Jean, Jon, Johanna?

You mean like John, Jonathan, Jonathon, Johann, Jean, Jon, Johanna?

Yes. But What I meant is that people take names too seriously. The majority of names people have are silly to begin with. However, it seems that when 'black' sounding names are criticized it's somehow considered racist. Most of those aren't that different from typical North American names anyhow and most names people are given here have minor or no significance. 'Black' names are more the amusing variety while 'white' names are typically generic, boring, uninteresting.

Although, sometimes you do have to wonder what people are really thinking when they name their child Pepsi.

Yeah, I've never met an asian man who felt the need to name his son "De-shin" or "Taquezzii" (holy ungodly bastardization of Takeshi) or his daughter "La-Huian-niqua"

I've also never heard any latino name their son "trev-juan" or "Jose-niquala".

Having non-overblown names is not just a "white" thing.

Yeah, I've never met an asian man who felt the need to name his son "De-shin" or "Taquezzii" (holy ungodly bastardization of Takeshi) or his daughter "La-Huian-niqua"

I've also never heard any latino name their son "trev-juan" or "Jose-niquala".

Having non-overblown names is not just a "white" thing.

Trev-Juan is a good one. So is La-Huian-Niqua.

This all reminds me of that song "Shaniqua don't live here no mo'!" by that white rapper.