New Social Thread

Yeah, Audacity is excellent and it is as accurate as you want (you can zoom in and, if you really had a lot of time on your hands, alter specific frequencies of samples :zombie:), plus it is freeware.

So I finally got a "real" job, more of a career starter, really, with a major financial institution. After going through a testing session and two series of interviews I got the phonecall Friday with an offer of employment. I start in a couple of weeks. It's interesting because the first several weeks are actually classroom training to pass the Series 7 brokerage exam, if you can't pass the test on your first try you're canned. o_O

It's a load off my mind now. I'm just glad to finally have found a company that measures your merit rather than shooting you down strictly based on your interviewing skill (which mine are admittedly not the best) I got a perfect score on their general financial aptitude test, which according to the HR woman, they see very rarely. Oh, look, I went from a mediocre interviewing bum to a very desirable potential employee. Just gotta change the metrics and it suddenly changes the whole game.

Anyway. Yay!

So I finally got a "real" job, more of a career starter, really, with a major financial institution. After going through a testing session and two series of interviews I got the phonecall Friday with an offer of employment. I start in a couple of weeks. It's interesting because the first several weeks are actually classroom training to pass the Series 7 brokerage exam, if you can't pass the test on your first try you're canned. o_O

It's a load off my mind now. I'm just glad to finally have found a company that measures your merit rather than shooting you down strictly based on your interviewing skill (which mine are admittedly not the best) I got a perfect score on their general financial aptitude test, which according to the HR woman, they see very rarely. Oh, look, I went from a mediocre interviewing bum to a very desirable potential employee. Just gotta change the metrics and it suddenly changes the whole game.

Anyway. Yay!

I take it you majored in something like Finance or Economics? I want to take the Series 6 (or 7) test at some point (when I get into a position that will allow me to take it). I'm not the best interviewer either and I really hate when managers hire people based on how they interview rather than how they interact with other people and their qualifications. We sound exactly alike in this regard. I have better qualifications than anyone in my department, but I can't get out of there because of interviewing skills or because my people skills 'aren't up to snuff'

I'm going to recap the changes the forum has gone through since I've been here.

Ozzman's not a virgin anymore.
I no longer read WAIF's posts in a thirteen-year-old girl/boy's voice.
I actually listen to Metal now.
I got all cultural, then eased out of it.
mutantllama no longer makes every one of his posts about DotA, masturbation, or Iced Earth.
I no longer think Mathiäs is a girl.
I now don't know if Krig is gay or not.

I take it you majored in something like Finance or Economics? I want to take the Series 6 (or 7) test at some point (when I get into a position that will allow me to take it). I'm not the best interviewer either and I really hate when managers hire people based on how they interview rather than how they interact with other people and their qualifications. We sound exactly alike in this regard. I have better qualifications than anyone in my department, but I can't get out of there because of interviewing skills or because my people skills 'aren't up to snuff'

So why are you playing the victim when you know what your problem is?