New Social Thread

I'm listening to original "Ocarina of Time" soundtracks. Koji Kondo is a genius but the game itself was so hard I got frustrated and gave up at the Water Temple and never even got the longshot. FAIL

Me too. I mean, it wasn't really hard but I couldn't figure out what the fuck I was supposed to do so I just kinda gave up.

I'm glad it wasn't just me. Though I'm such a dumbass that even "Prima's Official Strategy Guide" couldn't get me out of that mess.

Ocarina-of-Time-Logo.jpg

I never really played that game because my little brother played through it about 5-6 times while we were living together. Twilight Princess was my Zelda obsession.

So, then, it would be safe to say that you are currently mellow.

That's affirmative. I only feel this way cuz I'm gonna turn down a job offer which pays well but the working conditions are not safe at all. I don't exactly feel like working in eastside Montreal at nite...yikes...So...my job search will still go on...again...

I never played any of them beyond "Ocarina of Time." At heart I am just not cut out for games requiring that level of commitment.

The music is great in all of them though. I remember being moved to tears when I was a kid watching some story sequence on a GameBoy. Link washed up on a beach and Zelda held him, and from that point on the whole "Legend of Zelda" idea was elevated to bordering-on-religious-appreciation level in my mind. It still kind of is.

Man the Terran soundtrack for Starcraft 1 is absolutely slammin'. Rocking out to this shit right now.

I played through The Minnish Cap once, and I got lost all the time. It's fucking frustrating to not know what you're supposed to do in such a big game world.

I've honestly never really played through a Zelda game.

On the topic of awesome video game soundtrack, Crash is my favorite.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_le:rofl:iLxs&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck the above N64/Playstation shit. 3D, as far as console gaming is concerned, is for posers.

Fuck the above N64/Playstation shit. 3D, as far as console gaming is concerned, is for posers.

Don't be a my pals.

Obviously, yes, NES and SNES are the best (Super Mario World and Super Mario 3 are still my favorite console games ever), but don't start pulling your stuffed-shirt, high-handed console elitism on us.

The music is great in all of them though. I remember being moved to tears when I was a kid watching some story sequence on a GameBoy. Link washed up on a beach and Zelda held him, and from that point on the whole "Legend of Zelda" idea was elevated to bordering-on-religious-appreciation level in my mind. It still kind of is.
Yeah there's a lot of tearjerker moments in the Zelda games. Sometimes it gets annoyingly cheesy, but I guess since having an emotional undercurrent is a central factor in the whole concept of a Zelda game then it can't really be avoided.

Man the Terran soundtrack for Starcraft 1 is absolutely slammin'. Rocking out to this shit right now.
Hell yes. The Terran music is like Blizzard's crowning achievement of songwriting aside from the classic Tristram theme in Diablo.