New Social Thread

Yep. Although I'm pretty much a fan of all the music from Diablo II, but I'm a D2 fanboi so that's to be expected, I guess.

Blizzard is absolutely a soundtrack development company first, a game developer second. Tristram's theme is responsible for my love of The Call of Ktulu which is responsible (in large part) for my love of metal.

EDIT: And the cave song is awesome too, especially with those also-Ktulu-like distortion bits.

Is Blizzard still a great with sound? I don't play WoW, and haven't played Starcraft II. Hell, I haven't even heard any sound from Diablo 3 yet. I'm just curious if they "still got it".

Haven't heard much from the new expansion but the music in WoW has always been great.

Yes the Warcraft II (especially the Orc Music) and Diablo I soundtracks are far superior to any other Blizzard soundtrack. Although on the topic of good videogame music, I'd have to give a mention to this gem:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Blizzard still a great with sound? I don't play WoW, and haven't played Starcraft II. Hell, I haven't even heard any sound from Diablo 3 yet. I'm just curious if they "still got it".

I can't really recall any music snippets from Diablo III yet, but that's because I only really watched each gameplay/character class video once, to maximize my excitement when it's actually released.

There are some soundtrack bits floating around on YouTube, all of which are orchestral stuff. High-quality, of course, but it just doesn't excite me. That they have a song titled "New Tristram" with no acoustic guitar is just depressing. :(

Best videogame music goes to Suikoden I&II though. :)

I feel terrible for remembering not only that your avatar is the artwork for Phyrexian Negator, but that it's a 5/3 with trample, costing 2B, with the drawback that for every point of damage dealt to it you must sacrifice a permanent. It's a rare from Urza's Legacy (Was it Urza's Legacy? The one with the flask symbol).

I have not played Magic in years, aside from the duels of the planeswalkers thing.

Forever a dork.

@Yoda: it's all about the sick breakbeat song that plays in the Engineering Deck engine room / coolant tubes area.

While we're posting shit, here's the super-awesome Top Gear Rally song I posted on my facebook a few days ago which has been stuck in my head ever since. So fucking good...

Note - the song's actually 4 minutes long, it's just the race that lasts 8 minutes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NFmgQqLmSo&feature=related[/ame]

Some of the music on Symphony Of The Night reminds me of Emperor.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8jkyKXYvTY&feature=related[/ame]