New Social Thread

Continuing the "Goats are awesome" discussion we were having somewhere around the forum few months ago, THIS is the final proof of how awesome they are:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think that whenever a metalhead says something like my post, the general response is to "just get over it" but I think every person needs to be told that to. I'm not flipping a shit when someone presses play on a Justin Bieber song. Everyone, including metalheads, needs to chill and realize that its just music and nothing to necessarily make judgments about.

^ I really hate myself when I use chewing gum and then realize that I'm hungry. That means I'll have to eat the caviar with a taste of mint in my mouth.

I'm having a shitty day so far. Apparently I can't use paid sick leave to go to the doctor and I'm all out of paid vacation leave. I really hope the doctor is in when I leave work this afternoon and doesn't ask me to come back during work hours, or I'll have to use my unpaid "menstrual leave" to do it.

Also they showed "Remember the Titans" today which is horrible enough but it's dubbed into Japanese and that is just not something I can handle.

Just had an impromtu phone interview about a job,it sounds pretty promising,a mate rang me last week and told me that he'd put in a good word for me with the hiring manager of his company as there are ten positions coming up at the end of the month.Fuck I hope I get it as it's a job on a rig tender and after the 36 week training period i'd be on 130k a year,6 weeks on and 6 off.I think I did very well with the phone interview considering I was nervous as hell,there are 10 positions with 55 applicants and the lady's gonna get back to me at the end of next week so fingers crossed.

I obtained the highest grade on my Senior Studio (think Senior Thesis but for fine arts/graphic majors) midterm, more than my professor gave to anyone else in his section. FTW.

you get a big

fuck_yea_RE_When_memes_collide-s508x395-88087.png

A video of my performance of a new track will be posted soon. It is hilarious, mildly unnerving and awesome, I watched the tape of it last night.

@ASD: To be fair, I was a fan of certain sub-genres of metal for a long time before I ever listened to the extreme side of metal. I thought death growls sounded stupid as shit for a lot of the reasons those yahoos did too so it doesn't really surprise me when people react the way they do. Anytime I've played extreme metal for someone who has never heard it and they started to laugh and make fun of it I just laugh at them but they don't know I'm laughing at them so it's even funnier. It's just not worth the time to get worked up over and I know you know I know you know this.

You should start with Flickr!

Oh, I did! I have to Flickr accounts.

One is my personal one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/srontgorrth/sets/.

And then I made a flickr for the webzine I'm part of, The Inarguable (who is going to be interviewing Varg! :kickass:)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60353799@N03/sets/72157626218143832/

I was asked to cover some punkish show tomorrow too, looking forward to it! Except the place has like no lighting (it's a taco shop) so I'll probably have to use my flash.

Oh, I just meant the stock flash that comes with the camera :erk:

It worked enough for the house show I went to a couple weeks ago, and I'm not to worried about it here either. Someday I'll probably get a flash, but I prefer my 50mm+good lighting.