New Social Thread

i know, sometimes I forget that I post on a forum full of fucking teenagers.

:lol:

I was a teenager in Sept 2001 (17). I also was in college and working fulltime. I overslept and was 15 mins late for work that day so I remember it quite vividly. I worked for Radioshack at the time so I had like 8 TVs to watch (gps controlled) plane #2 hit.

Edit: My experience in GCI, and now with GPS controlled ordnance, there is no possible way a couple of barely trained "sand monkeys" drove jet liners directly into those buildings, as it is hard enough to get GPS guided things to achieve that precision. Also, I have had a personal inside source with Raytheon tell me the Bush administration told the interceptors on standby to standdown. Probably was "Darth Vader" himself, who helped pen the PNAC, and was a stakeholder in Halliburton. It doesn take a lot of moving parts, just the right ones.

Also, in April 2001 a bid/insurance policy was acquired on the WTC that included terrorists attacks. What a fuckin stroke of luck eh? Money trails tell the tale. Silverstein, Halliburten, (the rest of the MIC).

Wow Dak you're the same age as me lol I always thought you were like 38 or something.

Well I remember sept 11th pretty significantly. My uncle worked for deutsche bank in building 7 and we lost him. I remember being home sick and getting a call from my Dad who worked in Jersey City ( he watch the whole thing outside his office window) telling me to get out of the city. I was on 43rd and 2nd ave and people were literally screaming in the streets/panicking after hearing about it and seeing the dust clouds and slight rumbles. It took me 5 hrs to get home and when I did all we did was wait for a call from my uncle, never happened, pretty sad.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I can only imagine what it must have been like to be in NYC on that day.

I watched the whole thing live on tv at night here while talking to my girlfriend on the phone. It felt surreal, like the world world was going to break into complete chaos at any second. When the first tower went down, the news reader didn't notice because she was reading a report, but we all saw it happen on the live vision behind her.

I was in 9th grade, getting ready for school. My girlfriend called me panicking saying the world was going to end. Not knowing what the hell was going on, I told her to calm down. Minutes later, my dad, a federal agent, called and told me what was happening. He told me to be careful and be safe. My mom was at LAX where she works for American Airlines as a gate agent.

Junior english class hitting on some chick next to me. Next thing I know, the teacher comes running into the classroom and turns the TV on just as the first plane smashes into the tower. I literally said HOLY FUCK really loud.

I was already enlisted into the Marine Corps at the time, so I had a good idea what I'd be doing in a couple years. Of course my recruiter called me later on to pump me up and shit. After I got home my mom knew what was going to happen in the near future and cried a lot.

edit: ya, that was a shitty day

10th grade, was in some computer class when a girl ran in and said the twin towers had fallen. Spent the rest of the day watching it on TV. A couple people in my class had family in Manhattan they were worried about.

Did I go to the only school where the teachers and shit didn't tell us anything? I mean I didn't know about it until I got home.

3rd grade, none of us knew the full story, I heard something about "firefighters dying", "a building fell down", and "a plane crashed." I eventually pieced it together before school let early and I watched the news the rest of the day.

Did I go to the only school where the teachers and shit didn't tell us anything? I mean I didn't know about it until I got home.

They didn't tell us shit either. I was in 6th grade at the time, and they didn't let us go outside for recess. Probably because they didn't want any of the kids wondering why there were no planes in the sky.

When I went to work that day, all the macho faggots I worked with were excited because they knew we were going to war. A bunch said they were going to join the military to kill some dune coons, but few ever had the balls to do so.

my school didn't say anything, i think maybe one teacher mentioned it and basically it was just the kids talking about it (we were all 5th graders) while it was ignored. not sure why, and i really didn't even understand/could comprehend exactly how huge the moment was when my dad got a call and turned on the tv to it during breakfast; i was just baffled but the implications really shot over my head.

I was in 7th grade english... another teacher came to talk to our teacher... she got really quiet and eventually went to the back of the classroom and turned the tv on. I remember seeing the smoking building... and not really thinking much about it at the time. (I mean, no one was saying anything to us and the tv was on the other end of the room) We just sat there until the bell rang. My next class was math, and our teacher there was also staring directly at the tv.

Around that point, (I'm guessing) the second plane hit the other tower, because mrs benson got up and turned the tv off very quickly and over the intercom came the announcement that school was letting out early and for everyone to report to the lunchroom to wait on the buses.

The lunch ladies passed out what little bit of muffins and cookies and whatever they had before we went home, I guess they had to feed us something... none of the teachers said anything... although some were crying... no student seemed to know what had happened, all the kids were just celebrating getting out early.

I was in 4rth or 5th grade. I was 10.
I went to a small lutheran school and I remember the teachers made everyone in 4th through 8th sit in the computer room because it was where the TV was.
I was near the end of the line and when I walked in I saw the towers were burning. I asked "what happened?" and every one went ssssssshhhhhhh and told me to shut up (90% of that school was made up of assholes). So I didn't really know what was happening until I got home.

I had already been exposed to plenty of violence (video games, movies, factory/power plant safety videos from my dads work, faces of death type stuff) so I wasn't exactly shocked or anything. At the time for me it was kind of an "Awesome schools out early and I get to go back to playing Rainbow six!" thing. Seeing Columbine on TV had more of an impact on me.