New Social Thread

Good luck buying that car, it's fuckin gorgeous.

Thanks. I'm getting doubts that this deal is going to work out but I have a backup plan, trust me.

How much did you manage to get for it?

$5.1, which was a little more than I owed for it. Interesting story really because I just assumed the guy who was interested in it just wanted to check it out, little did I know he came loaded with a pocket full of cash. I sold it for less than I wanted, but when you've got a guaranteed deal right there in front of you, you have to take it.

A few years ago, I used to store my CDs in one of those giant CD wallets until I had to take them out because residue was being left onto disc surfaces. So a lot of the CD I first began to collect have this residue left on them, otherwise they'd be in excellent condition.

I'm sure many have experienced this but I'm wondering if anyone has found a cleaner or anything that works well? The cleaning products I've tried didn't really do anything, and the buffering pads that come with them are often too abrasive.

Kind of depressed about my Philosophy degree, as I'm not entirely sure about the opportunities I will have with it. Frankly, I'm tired of sifting through old philosophers books picking out lines that may or may not have been misinterpreted and what not. Knowing history is essential, and knowing the in's and out's of someone's entire philosophical system is extremely important if you wish to understand the thought of entire movements and the foundations those movements are based on. But I would much prefer to wither write my own work (and not have it owned by my workplace like all the CSU/UC systems dictate) and actually try to move humanity forward than to nitpick certain fluctuating definitions pointed out in certain articles in three hundred to fifteen hundred year old texts.

I also need a job that can work with my terrible school schedule.

God I hate life.

SATs and ACTs are pretty useless. Standardized tests really don't prove anything other than your ability to take a test. many colleges now aren't even requiring scores. I got into grad school without taking the GRE.

Pessimism: One of my buddies is graduating with his bachelor's in philosophy and is having the same existential crisis as you. he's planning on just going for his phd, but doesn't really know what to do after that. you should ask cyth since he's on the same path

Thanks. I'm getting doubts that this deal is going to work out but I have a backup plan, trust me.

$5.1, which was a little more than I owed for it. Interesting story really because I just assumed the guy who was interested in it just wanted to check it out, little did I know he came loaded with a pocket full of cash. I sold it for less than I wanted, but when you've got a guaranteed deal right there in front of you, you have to take it.

That is a fuckload of cash to have on hand XD

I've kind of decided the following things need to be done -

Need to stop procrastinating with getting my financial aid forms in for school

Need to cut things off with my girlfriend

Need to begin building my social life up again

Need to cut out drug use as I feel as if I need to be in a clear mindstate now more than ever

I've kind of decided the following things need to be done -

Need to stop procrastinating with getting my financial aid forms in for school

Need to cut things off with my girlfriend

Need to begin building my social life up again

Need to cut out drug use as I feel as if I need to be in a clear mindstate now more than ever

What've you been using o_O

so a good friend of mine/girl I dated a couple of times called me up just an hour ago or so

she's pregnant

first words out of my mom's mouth: "It's not your's is it?" No, we only went out twice. come on

but my friend, she's all super excited because she had to have surgery on her ovaries for cysts and junk and thought she'd never have kids. the guy she's been dating for a few months (the father) is excited. so good for them

it just feels weird

Ironic post from Mort following the "Drugs and healthy living are not mutually exclusive" post.

They're not mutually exclusive, I just don't want them in my life at the moment.

What've you been using o_O

4-Acetoxy-DIPT a few times recently but they were both super intense and the last time I took it I was having very violent shaking through my entire body. I just in general want a clear mind atm tho

one of my close friends/somebody I dated being pregnant. it's one of those growing old things I refuse to acknowledge

You should go for the weirdness homerun and try be the video guy for the birth.

I wouldn't call it a "growing old thing". Something that occurs just past teen/college age isn't really old.

When my friends all start dying of old age then I might go into denial.....