New Social Thread

It would normally be situational if it didn't occur within the context of the past month or so of me overreacting to some temporary maladjustment by trying to throw chemicals at my romantically high expectations of myself, failing to attain which has triggered a mental crisis of sorts. I don't give myself enough credit for what I achieve, and being thrown into a new program in which I am now lowest on the totem pole has been a major blow to an ego delusively nurtured by three years of being the flower of the Maine's public education system.
Yeah, it may just be a matter of getting over the initial shock and making some friends/contacts at Iowa that give you a sense of belonging there.

When i first started my programming job, i had major fucking anxiety and thought that everyone could see my incompetence as if it were stamped on my forehead. Fortunately my managers were lenient about my various noob fuckups, and over time i learned to fit into the culture and develop the kind of communication and problem solving skills they needed from me.

I sincerely hope that's the case. I'm signing up for a group therapy program nonetheless (can't hurt), which involves meditation and provides a structure for cultivating healthier habits toward better psychological and thus, one would think, cognitive well-being.

Been interested in meditation for a while anyway. Cody I'm sure could attest to its benefits.

I sincerely hope that's the case. I'm signing up for a group therapy program nonetheless (can't hurt), which involves meditation and provides a structure for cultivating healthier habits toward better psychological and thus, one would think, cognitive well-being.

Been interested in meditation for a while anyway. Cody I'm sure could attest to its benefits.

group therapy works a hell of a lot better than one-on-one therapy

when i was in group therapy we had moments where the group was able to interact with each other without the therapist there
for me, those moments were a hell of a lot more cathartic and helpful than anything the therapist said

Actually, I haven't gone to work high for a very long time, and haven't been high for a long time, either.

The real reason I quit was because the place was incredibly understaffed, and there was poor managing and planning. Not enough dough would be prepped, so we'd run out roughly an hour into the dinner rush (which lasts about three hours), and I was never on the clock with another cook that was experienced, so I'd get overwhelmed by the orders right away. Even with a manager helping, we were still backed up. Last night, I was slammed with orders until about thirty minutes before closing, which means the only sidework I could get done was cleaning up the table where all of the toppings are stored and cleaning the floors, and that was after the place closed.

Tonight was like last night, but worse, so I decided to quit and, luckily, I got called in for an interview at a place that put up a craigslist ad a couple days ago that I responded to. I did the interview, and I'm hired on a probationary basis. Got the synthetic urine just in case, and since this place is fancy, I'm not even going in looking like I'm high.

I was really lucky to get another job within an hour of quitting another. I'm not taking this kind of chance again, especially when I'm financially independent.

You kinda gave me that impression from the times i've met you, but for all i know i've never actually seen you sober.

ok dudes, as I posted on the last page.. im going to be singing in a cover/original band.
All heavy/power metal stuff.
I want to do a King Diamond song, but im not sure which one.
what would be a couple good King Diamond songs that if you heard live you'd shit your pants?

Just for shits and giggles, how about something off The Spider's Lullaby, like "To the Morgue"?

A Mansion in Darkness.
Also, I love playing the guitar riff to Lady in Black by Mercyful Fate. Great song, too.

Speaking of Adderal, during a discussion in one of my history courses I mentioned that I supported ending the drug war entirely by legalizing all drugs. The girl who sat beside me got angry and said, "What if people started giving crack to little kids?"