New Social Thread

Got me a Glenfiddich 12 yr the other day. Not bad for a single malt at $30.00 it does have a sort of bitter pear bite to it as advertised. My next purchase will be Balvenie Doublewood that a good friend keeps recommending, a little more expensive, but we'll see. Bang for your buck though I love Wild Turkey 101. Easy to drink, maybe a little plain, but enjoyable. With scotch you really have to want it, but bourbon always works.

He was right about himself, at least. He just thought everyone else was secretly as fucked up as he was.

that makes sense
he was using himself as a template because he so completely deviated from what the psychologists before him called "normal"

that makes sense
he was using himself as a template because he so completely deviated from what the psychologists before him called "normal"

using yourself as a template doesn't work

using myself as a template for example
one could argue that the men who fuck "supermodels" are secretly attracted to "whooty models" and that they are all being masochistic

my sexual atraction to females older than myself could be used to say that all females are secretly cougars and that female teachers having sex with highschool students is totally "normal"

of course a modern person would instantly know that those 2 ideas are totally bullshit, but people alive when Freud published his work, those people actually believed him,
they believed him because they no longer believed the previously existing model of the mind and he filled a void of giving people something contradictory to believe in

this is like the modern-day blue-eyed-blonde Americans that suddenly become Muslim because they suddenly realize that Christianity is totally bullshit

one could argue that the men who fuck "supermodels" are secretly attracted to "whooty models" and that they are all being masochistic

my sexual atraction to females older than myself could be used to say that all females are secretly cougars and that female teachers having sex with highschool students is totally "normal"

of course a modern person would instantly know that those 2 ideas are totally bullshit, but people alive when Freud published his work, those people actually believed him,
they believed him because they no longer believed the previously existing model of the mind and he filled a void of giving people something contradictory to believe in

this is like the modern-day blue-eyed-blonde Americans that suddenly become Muslim because they suddenly realize that Christianity is totally bullshit

Most people didn't believe Freud when he was publishing. He was busy shattering the prudish Victorian mentality of normativity, and most people didn't like that. It wasn't until the High Modernists got a hold of him and WWI wreaked havoc all over the globe that Freudian analysis began to sink in, and only then in academia really.

of course a sane person would instantly know that those 2 ideas are totally bullshit, but there are a few crazy people alive today that firmly believe in every thin Freud said

these people are like the modern-day blue-eyed-blonde Americans that suddenly become Muslim because they suddenly realize that Christianity is totally bullshit