New Social Thread

So...I've been looking into getting a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer for my first care, and it's going to become a reality very soon.

The insurance company I'm with now would have charged me 4800$ in insurance, because the rates we're going up. And the fact that my accident that I had before christmas didn't help either. So the dealer gave us an insurance company to call, that's where they refer there clients to most of the time. And low and behold there price was a 1000 $ cheaper. So it's a go. I'm gonna get one. Seriously I won't want to drive another car again lol...

:D

Mitsubishi-lancer-2010.jpg

I'll pass lol

There's a 10 year Powertrain Warranty which is the best in any dealer in Canada. So it's definitely a good deal.

Anyone here live in Chicago?

I'm thinking of buying tickets to the Pitchfork Music Festival and I really won't have a place to stay for it so I'd be sleeping in my car for 3 days and I'm really not down for that!

If anyone knows a cheap place to stay or wouldn't mind having my faggot ass stay with them I'd appreciate it!

Anyone here live in Chicago?

I'm thinking of buying tickets to the Pitchfork Music Festival and I really won't have a place to stay for it so I'd be sleeping in my car for 3 days and I'm really not down for that!

If anyone knows a cheap place to stay or wouldn't mind having my faggot ass stay with them I'd appreciate it!

I would recommend this hostel, which runs about $35 a night:

http://www.hichicago.org/chicago-hostel-reservations.shtml

I would say spend the night at my house, but then again, I don't wanna be woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of moaning/screaming 13 year old girls.

Can't have you turn my house into a neverland ranch, not even for one night.

What a relief...my comp had shutdown on its own and would not turn back on, with my Ulver cd still in. It turns on now but I realize the fan has stopped going and my comp probably overheated. Until I get the fan going, I'll be using my archos.

I would say spend the night at my house, but then again, I don't wanna be woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of moaning/screaming 13 year old girls.

Can't have you turn my house into a neverland ranch, not even for one night.

:lol:

I'll pass lol

There's a 10 year Powertrain Warranty which is the best in any dealer in Canada. So it's definitely a good deal.

For the love of god man, but something Euro, or if you're set on a Jap car get a Subaru. A Mitsubishi will be a hunk of shit within 5 years. What seems like a good deal now...

So through some weird chain of coincidence I ended up meeting with an old friend of mine from HS who I haven't seen in about 2 years and we hung out for about 3 hours and just talked about everything that has gone on these past 2 years and it was so nice to be able to have my guard down around someone.

Weird how even after so long we were basically able to step back into things like they were in HS as if those 2 years of not being in contact ever happened.

Buying a car new is a terrible idea though, as soon as you drive it off the lot the price goes down 20%.

Well this depends though. If you don't have the money to buy the car cash it could be cheaper monthly and in total to get a new car, sometimes the interest rate is a lot lower on newer cars than used ones. That's of course assuming you buy a car that is still recent (like 2 years). Also, depending on how well the car has been taken care for before you got, there's no guarantee that you won't have a lot of problems with it.

For the love of god man, but something Euro, or if you're set on a Jap car get a Subaru. A Mitsubishi will be a hunk of shit within 5 years. What seems like a good deal now...

Yeah, there's a reason why Mitsubishi have to compensate by offering very high warrantee....they have to attract buyer somehow and it's certainly not by the quality of their vehicule that they're going to do that. Personnaly I find the Lancer to be one of the least interesting car in this category/range of price.