New Social Thread

For the love of god man, but something Euro, or if you're set on a Jap car get a Subaru. A Mitsubishi will be a hunk of shit within 5 years. What seems like a good deal now...

No doubt. There's a reason they are called Mitsushiti. Look at it this way, a 10 year warranty sounds cool and all, but there's a reason why they have such a long warranty: to attract customers. Kia and Hyundai also have 10 year warranties, and they are cheap Korean pieces of shit, who rip off body styles from just about every other manufacturer.

If you are settling on a car because of a warranty and a cheap price, you have to remember you get what you pay for. But either way, I hope it lasts you a while.

Anyone here live in Chicago?

I'm thinking of buying tickets to the Pitchfork Music Festival and I really won't have a place to stay for it so I'd be sleeping in my car for 3 days and I'm really not down for that!

If anyone knows a cheap place to stay or wouldn't mind having my faggot ass stay with them I'd appreciate it!

I might be living in Chicago come this Fall, but I don't think that really helps you.

I wouldn't mind living in/near Chicago if I got a job that could support it. I might be attending school there in the Fall (University of Chicago) which is why I would be living there. I'll also apply there for doctoral study, and if it ends up that I'm able to find a position in the Chicago area I would consider staying.

Some areas of Chicago are pretty nice, some are pretty meh, and some simply are shit.

The direct area of the UChicago campus is pretty nice, but beyond that its the ghetto, and about 7ish miles from downtown, but there is the El.

Anyone here live in Chicago?

I'm thinking of buying tickets to the Pitchfork Music Festival and I really won't have a place to stay for it so I'd be sleeping in my car for 3 days and I'm really not down for that!

If anyone knows a cheap place to stay or wouldn't mind having my faggot ass stay with them I'd appreciate it!

Sounds like you are a hipster:p

What are some good metal magazines to subcribe to? I have been getting Revolver for a few years now and I usually just get Revolver, but they are becoming boring.

I wouldn't mind living in/near Chicago if I got a job that could support it. I might be attending school there in the Fall (University of Chicago) which is why I would be living there. I'll also apply there for doctoral study, and if it ends up that I'm able to find a position in the Chicago area I would consider staying.

You must be a smart mother fucker considering that UC is ranked among ivy league schools. University of Chicago is very nice. It's just a shame that it is in such close proximity to some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in Chicago.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm really digging this song atm.

Oh noes! Someone's listening to the black album? Blasphemy!

Nah, in all seriousness that's not a bad song. I used to be real into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow that pitch shifter thing on the youtube video is annoying as fuck. the black album seriously isn't bad at all though; it gets way too much shit but I have a bias since it was my first metal album ever. wicked heavy when I was 10.

So through some weird chain of coincidence I ended up meeting with an old friend of mine from HS who I haven't seen in about 2 years and we hung out for about 3 hours and just talked about everything that has gone on these past 2 years and it was so nice to be able to have my guard down around someone.

Weird how even after so long we were basically able to step back into things like they were in HS as if those 2 years of not being in contact ever happened.
Nice to hear, that's not the first time you've told a similar event like this. I'm guessing it was a female you were talking to also.:)

Nice to hear, that's not the first time you've told a similar event like this. I'm guessing it was a female you were talking to also.:)

Yeah haha. I really only had one or two guy friends through out HS and I talk to most of them still.

But yeah I've gotten in contact with a few older friends of mine as of late