New Social Thread

My girlfriend and I celebrated our one-year anniversary last night. We dined at Texas Roadhouse (her choice - the place epitomizes everything that's wrong with American dining) and then saw Clash of the Titans in 3D (in terms of mythology, it was absolutely blasphemous, but entertaining nonetheless). For gifts I gave her a set of PX3 Circus juggling clubs, and for me she gave me something I've wanted for years, the 3-volume history of Byzantium by John Julius Norwich.

24360_1153988969884_1232460105_30678501_2934975_n.jpg

Epic.

Not only was Clash of the Titans horrid in terms of accuracy, it was also absolutely atrocious as far as characterization goes. Granted, I know it was not intended to be anything deep or special; but God, can a director not go the extra mile and make characters who are actually fucking important?

The last thing that pissed me off Danny Huston as Poseidon; great, talented actor. He had one fucking line. I hate Hollywood.

Yeah, it was pretty bad, but I had that preconception going into it, and focused on the action. Voldemort playing Hades was pretty cool.

Yeah, it was pretty bad, but I had that preconception going into it, and focused on the action. Voldemort playing Hades was pretty cool.

Ralph Fiennes was good, yeah; I also liked the character of the fallen king that Hades recruits. I just thought he was badass. I enjoyed it when he said, "You reek of your father!" and then spat blood at the camera.

Yes, one of the many things I have to put up with billy100002. She didn't even know there was a Shrek3 and was amazed that this 4th one is coming out. It'll proably be another Shrek night again because yesterday was 1 and 2 and today is 3. And I am sik so I have to stay in.

And to Einherjar86 and or Zephyrus, Clash of the Titans is not worth going to see? I was looking forward to it. I only seen the commercial for it once and thought it was going to be fantastic.

Barely slept any today due to being over a party yesterday from 6pm til about like ... 10am haha.

So tired, but I ended up getting this girls phone number today after taking her home so all works out fine

Is she old enough to party?

I had an awesome mini trip, was only in Hiroshima for 24 hours or so but I managed to squeeze in a lot of awesome, culminating in watching Tourette's Guy. The cab ride from karaoke to my friend's house was incredible, it was a Prius taxi and it was the PERFECT mix of new car/fresh clean hotel smell. Fucking intoxicating.

Does anyone actually confuse JAGEagent with JGMetalhead here? Or is your sig just a pre-emptive strike?