New Social Thread

I just got my ACT scores back, yeah. I scored a 28. I wish I would of done better. I wanted some where in the 30s.

You should try and take it again. I'm not sure what the test dates are. You do have to pay a fee. I took it once, slept though 50% of it and got a 27. I wanted to get a better score so I took it again. I got a 27 again. I was offically pissed. I would suggest talking it again if you know you can do better otherwise its $$$ wasted.

I was thinking of trying that out, but I am not sure on it. It's not that I am scared, but more of worried. It would be nice to meet new people and be some where new though.

Worried about what? I would think you'd be dying to get away from home and be in a more interesting environment.

So where are you going to college and what info etc have you gotten?
I don't even know yet. I am debating whether to stay in state or go out of state. I applied to about 4 colleges here but that was a week ago and I just sent my ACTs into them today so they can either approve or deny me. The only information I have got is my ACT scores, my FASFA crap, and that I guess if I go to my community college, my 2 years there will be completely free. I am not sure if all community colleges do this, but the one here is doing it this year.

You should try and take it again. I'm not sure what the test dates are. You do have to pay a fee. I took it once, slept though 50% of it and got a 27. I wanted to get a better score so I took it again. I got a 27 again. I was offically pissed. I would suggest talking it again if you know you can do better otherwise its $$$ wasted.
I know I can do better, but I don't want to waste anymore money. 28 is decent.

That FASFA bullshit is so stupid. I got jew'ed out of money because they had to have my step-dad's income factored into it. Because he makes over $100,000 a year, I get ZERO from FASFA. The worst part is that my step-dad refuses to pay any for my education.
FASFA is complete crap. That sucks about your step-dad and this whole FASFA situation. So, are you in college?

Worried about what? I would think you'd be dying to get away from home and be in a more interesting environment.
I am worried that I won't find a job, that it'll be the same there as it is here for me, and that I will just screw up in general. I am not sure. I am dying to get out and be around something new, but I just don't want it to be a waste of time and I feel nothing different.

I am worried that I won't find a job, that it'll be the same there as it is here for me, and that I will just screw up in general. I am not sure. I am dying to get out and be around something new, but I just don't want it to be a waste of time and I feel nothing different.

For me being in Richmond for college was a huge change, because not only had I grown up in a rural area but I also barely had any social life in high school. I made a ton of friends right away in the dorms, and life in general was just 1000x more stimulating than it had been growing up. I really benefited a lot from it, and I would be very surprised if you found living on campus "the same" as living at home.

That said, I didn't have to work during most of college, and I understand if you have financial constraints. No one should have to worry about work for their first year or two at college, seriously - it's just too awesome a time to spoil that way.

For me being in Richmond for college was a huge change, because not only had I grown up in a rural area but I also barely had any social life in high school. I made a ton of friends right away in the dorms, and life in general was just 1000x more stimulating than it had been growing up. I really benefited a lot from it, and I would be very surprised if you found living on campus "the same" as living at home.

That said, I didn't have to work during most of college, and I understand if you have financial constraints. No one should have to worry about work for their first year or two at college, seriously - it's just too awesome a time to spoil that way.

My social life now is some what the same as yours when you were in high school. I claim very few as friends and I talk to very few in school. I am so ready to get out there and start something new, believe me. If you are in a place and situation where nothing is going right, then why be there? And I can totally see where you are coming from, that living on campus can change a lot, there will be a lot of benefits, and it most likely won't be like home. I just don't want living there to end up be how I live now, it's very easy for me to stray away and be comfortable with what I have, even if it sucks.. It's complicated. I could use some change and some change has come along my way in the past 2 days.

I don't want to work, at all, but I know I will and probably will within the next week. The whole community college thing is appealing to me because my frst two year will be free, but the only thing that sucks is that I will still be at home, unless I move out.

Well if you have the chance to work for a few months before college and get some money saved up, that's good news. Nothing wrong with community college either, aside from being stuck at home for an extra year or two. It's just my opinion that, when it comes to 4-year colleges, getting your full immersion in campus life is an opportunity of a lifetime that should be taken if at all possible.

Nope. I'm a senior in high school right now. I already have everything done for my college. I have my schedule and everything. Im going to major in Physics and hopefully get some degree in philosophy. I'm really excited to get out of my house. My mom is stupid as hell, my step-dad is a religious fanatic, and my dad is OCD and also has some other issues. It's fucked up.

Well if you have the chance to work for a few months before college and get some money saved up, that's good news. Nothing wrong with community college either, aside from being stuck at home for an extra year or two. It's just my opinion that, when it comes to 4-year colleges, getting your full immersion in campus life is an opportunity of a lifetime that should be taken if at all possible.

I think working for a bit would be good aswell. Yes, that is the only part that is making me stray away from the community college. I could always stay in state and live on campus, but I much rather be out of state if I were to be living on campus. I do want to travel, experience what I only dream of, and meet new people. Might be the best thing for me. I totally agree with you on that. If you have the opportunity, take it. I guess I just have too much to think about and it making everything sound "worthless".

Nope. I'm a senior in high school right now. I already have everything done for my college. I have my schedule and everything. Im going to major in Physics and hopefully get some degree in philosophy. I'm really excited to get out of my house. My mom is stupid as hell, my step-dad is a religious fanatic, and my dad is OCD and also has some other issues. It's fucked up.
Well, I think you are on good road. You have a whole lot more done than me. I am so behind. I know how you feel with living at home and it all being hetic, I really do. Getting out is the only reasonable solution at this point. Moving will have it's ups and downs, I am not sure if I want the downs though.

I plan on taking 18 hours and maintaining my current 30 hour work week (to satisfy my metal addiction while paying for a car I need to get from my house to school). I'm hoping it doesn't result in swift death but I'm not very confident.

I will when I finally get out to the dealership and get something, as I've been putting it off because I want to have unlimited MDF funds. I live with my mother who makes a little over twice what I do in a year, so I sort of have to. The payments coupled with insurance will still allow me to blow about 300 dollars on music a month while stashing away a fair amount for savings.

You are doing two things I am not, working for a car and going to MDF. I am jealous. I will be working soon though. I did get a Jeep for my graduation, but that turned into my older brother's vehicle after some complaints. It looks like you have everything planned out and ready to go. I live with my mother aswell, but I will have no help from her. She has a lot on her shoulders and I don't need to be another issue.

I have my own car and am going to MDF, but my car is a piece of shit and I hope it will at least make the trip to the coming Paramore show! D:

wtf...

I was looking on Clist this morning for drum parts and I found this crazy fucking ad:

I HAVE A PEARL DRUM KIT THAT I WILL TRADE FOR LABOR. THE KIT CONSIST OF 22" KICK,2 TOMS WITH MOUNTS,AND 2 FLOOR TOMS WITH LEGS. NO SNARE/HARDWARE OR CYMBALS. THE LABOR TRADE WILL GO AS FOLLOWS: I KEEP POSSESION OF DRUM KIT UNTIL ALL HOURS ARE COMPLETED. NO EXCEPTIONS! THE DRUM KIT HAS A VALUE OF 400.00 AT 10.00 AN HOUR, THAT COMES TO 40 HOURS WORK. I DO EXPECT A 10.00 HR.WORKER,NOT A 5.00 HR WORKER. THE WORK INVOLVES ALOT OF HEAVY LIFTING. YOU MUST BE OVER 18,AND IN GOOD HEALTH. EACH DAY YOU MUST PUT IN AT LEAST MY 8 HOURS .PLUS YOUR 1/2 HR. LUNCH. ALSO NO SMOKING/OR CELL PHONE CALLS WHILE ON MY TIME. YOU MUST LEAVE CELL PHONE IN CAR,AND CAN CHECK ON YOUR LUNCH BREAK, YOU MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORTATION,OR BE DROPPED OFF NEAR 38TH AND SHADELAND. NOBODY CAN WAIT IN YOUR CAR HERE. RESPONSE ONLY TO PEOPLE THAT SENDS A PHONE NUMBER.

And if you think I'm kidding, here's the link to the ad.

So I sent the guy an email in all caps that read: TAKE YOUR FUCKING AD DOWN YOU PSYCHO! YOU SHOULD WORK ON MAKING YOUR ADS LESS CREEPY IF YOU WANT TO LURE VICTIMS. OBVIOUS RAPIST SERIAL KILLER IS OBVIOUS. FUCK OFF.

So my ex-girlfriend texts me last night and says 'Let's take a week and then we'll talk, okay? I just need a break."

It would have been easier to say that initially instead of 'we're done I can't do this anymore'

Seriously? I've never read anything about using "too many quotes;" but I've been considereing quotes and paraphrases the same thing, since you have to reference both. In my undergrad thesis I think I averaged about four to five references per page.
By quotes I meant literally taking the words of others and surrounding them with quotation marks. 4-5 references per page sounds about right.