New Social Thread

Just scored a muthafucking 24" LED monitor (old one was 15") and a Canon EOS 1100D SLR camera for my birthday. Win.

Gothic/industrial black metal? Yeah, it's not bad.

Yeah I wasn't trying to fit into any genre, rather combining a lot of my influences (Black Metal, EBM, Industrial). And about the mixing, that's actually pretty close to the sound I'm going for, really noisy and atmospheric and crushing. Thanks for listening!

Yeah I wasn't trying to fit into any genre, rather combining a lot of my influences (Black Metal, EBM, Industrial). And about the mixing, that's actually pretty close to the sound I'm going for, really noisy and atmospheric and crushing. Thanks for listening!

I get all that, but the recording is also rather grainy and seems to be lacking some midrange/lowend frequencies, which i'm guessing has more to do with your recording gear and/or how you equalize it than the actual style you're going for.

zabu of nΩd;10113332 said:
I get all that, but the recording is also rather grainy and seems to be lacking some midrange/lowend frequencies, which i'm guessing has more to do with your recording gear and/or how you equalize it than the actual style you're going for.

Garageband :lol: :p

But yeah, the noisiness and grittiness are what I want. Stylistically I take a lot from this song -

Last edited by a moderator:
Garageband :lol: :p

But yeah, the noisiness and grittiness are what I want. Stylistically I take a lot from this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpoobntZP60

I see what style you're going for, but I still think you should take care of the clipping and de-mud the mix. I'm a big fan of continuous wide engulfing bass lines like your song has, but I think it would be ten times better without the clipping.

Hey. Who here knows how I can upload online video clips from my DVD's? I want to make some short clips for youtube from my The Simpsons DVD collection. I have Windows Movie Maker on my computer.