New to Borknagar, look in please!

Thared

Oct 1, 2002
Louisiana, USA
Visit site
Hi. I posted a poll and asked which album to get, so Empiricism finally came in the mail today. The only thing I can say is WOW! . I can not believe what I heard, it is so awesome!! This is definately going to be one of my favorite bands in the near future. I wish I knew about more bands like this. And also, which album should I get next?

welcome aboard, Thared :D
UNfortunately other albums are kinda diffirent..... but still very good of course.... i think quintessence is most similiar to E.
And if you like Vintersorg as a vocalist, hurry and get his other albums! The last one or two are ones more like Borknagar.

Originally posted by Odemarkens_son
And if you like Vintersorg as a vocalist, hurry and get his other albums! The last one or two are ones more like Borknagar.
while I do not agree that the latest Vintersorg sounds too much like Borkies I definitely recommend to get his latest album "Visions from the spiral generator" (be warned: you'll soon want to own all the other albums as well ;) )

Originally posted by zzz
Try Olden Domain! It's the best one IMO :)
Agree with ZZZ
I posted this at Thared's original post, best Borknager CD is "olden domain" so this should be next CD. The one that sounds most like Empiricism is Quintessence as others here have said.

There is really not a bad Borkie CD so don't worry too much about making a mistake getting the wrong one.

I just recently picked up Vintersorg "till fjalls + odemarken's son" both very good, so good I will get "cosmic genesis" as soon as I can find a copy.

actually, i'd recommend anything BUT quintessence. the album is certainly an eye opener, but i don't think its quite as solid as the rest of the catalogue. that isn't to say its not good, because its excellent. but look elsewhere first.

Originally posted by Necros
The one that sounds most like Empiricism is Quintessence as others here have said.
Actually, I disagree here. I think "The archaic course" is probably more similar in feel to "Empiricism". You can't really go wrong with either of them, though. The original question was which CD to get next. The answer, of course, is that it doesn't matter -- just get all of them :)

I'm new to vintersorg also. I have never heard any of his music before, except a little Otyg which I loved. I think I will just take the advice I got, and work my way backwards through Borknagar's catalogue. And what are some other projects of Vintersorg's that I should check out besides Otyg?

pick up vintersorg's odemarkens son. it was my first of his, and after aquiring the rest of his releases, i still consider it definitive. they're all quite good, however, so you really can't go wrong here.

If your gonna check out Vintersorg then you have to check all the albums because there are all great ! my favorit is Till Fjälls, only great songs on that, one onone i bad