New website, new label, new cd?!

@ javie

Please don't source wikipedia pages (especially ones that don't source what you're sourcing). We heard about the theme of the album, but we didn't know it was Paradise Lost related stuff. All we knew was it was going to be dark themed. Only a month or so before the album came out we knew it was gong to be about that, but even then we had no idea how the album was going to be.. progressive? split up tracks? We just didn't know! So, in conclusion, just be patient.

Hmm. I'm starting to develop a growing curiosity in me that wonders what would have happened if SX had expanded The Walls of Babylon into a 20- or 25-minute epic, or combined it more tightly with Seven and Revelation. I also wonder whether we don't have something like that to look forward to on the new album...

(Of course another side of me wonders what would have happened if The Sacrifice were expanded into a much larger composition too...).
a SX fun you are indeed :) but don't expect any thing too much you will end by hating th new album if it doesn't match (which was th case of many of us with PL ) but i think it 's good to imagine th different possibilities :)

Paradise Lost was written almost entirely by MJR. LePond had health problems throughout and Pinnella's only credits are on the title track. So there wasn't as much group effort like on the other albums.

While I don't fault Romeo either way, I think that the next record will be more progressive in nature because LePond wanted to contribute and said to me that he looked forward to doing so on the next record and Pinnella may take the keys up a notch since they are frequently criticized for not being prominent enough.

Again, it all depends on how much of the leftover PL stuff that they are going to recycle; but all in all- I think SX Volume 8 will be more variegated in nature because I think the other members of the SX cast are probably backed up emotionally and creatively.

Of course, this is mostly just a theory.

Paradise Lost was written almost entirely by MJR. LePond had health problems throughout and Pinnella's only credits are on the title track. So there wasn't as much group effort like on the other albums.

While I don't fault Romeo either way, I think that the next record will be more progressive in nature because LePond wanted to contribute and said to me that he looked forward to doing so on the next record and Pinnella may take the keys up a notch since they are frequently criticized for not being prominent enough.

Again, it all depends on how much of the leftover PL stuff that they are going to recycle; but all in all- I think SX Volume 8 will be more variegated in nature because I think the other members of the SX cast are probably backed up emotionally and creatively.

Of course, this is mostly just a theory.

Yeah I hope they head in a more Twilight in Olympus/Damnation Game direction. I really liked Paradise Lost, but there's not a lot of variation

Yeah I hope they head in a more Twilight in Olympus/Damnation Game direction. I really liked Paradise Lost, but there's not a lot of variation

I agree about the variation. PL is not a bad album, but I've found that I seldom listen throuhg the album from start to end,like I sometimes do with V.
I just find the songs to be too similar. The interesting thing is that the songs on V is pretty similar as well, but they are more connected,or something.

As for the new album, I'm hoping for more keyboard presence and a bit more proggy(But they won't make another V,will they..). And of course, clean arpeggio lines are always more than welcome!

Also I hope for a new long epic song...

We wait in excitement