The perfect setlist

First Son of a Second Son said:
First time poster, long time Symphony X fan (well, since 1999 actually).

(Please don't hate me for saying this, but) before I enter my ideal SX setlist, I have to say that I don't really like "The Odyssey" (the song) that much (seeing as it seems to be the undisputed champion of the epics on this board, I thought I'd offer a differing opinion ;) ). It never clicked with me (well, except the "Champion of Ithaca" part). I think it sounds a little bit like a cheap film score (like Rage's Suite Lingua Mortis on Speak of the Dead) and lacks cohesion, unlike "Rediscovery (Part II)", "Through the Looking Glass", etc. I hope they don't play it anytime soon as I'd rather hear three 8-minute songs in its place.:erk:

1. Welcome to the forum :)
2. Don't worry, I like their other epics better, too ;). It's just a matter of taste, what can you do about it?

Eternal Dragon said:
Its interesting that the album is called paradise lost. Cos it only just begun in V. "Cos all I know, is my paradise has begun", or something like that.... in rediscovery ;).

You're thinking of "The Divine Wings of Tragedy". That line isn't from "Rediscovery".

Anyway, on that note, since it's my favorite SyX track ever, I will ask that on the next tour they play "Rediscovery" in it's entirety. It's not THAT long compared to the Odyssey and TDWOT, so they could fit it into a 120 minute set without too much trouble. I definitely think "The Odyssey" should NOT make it into future setlists. That was performed on their Odyssey tour and was great, but stick to the epic of the moment (unless they want to perform TDWOT, which I would never have issue with).

As for Rediscovery, I don't think it's an "epic" song, just a longer song than most. I would just love to hear that performed live!!!

In one of the reports not too long ago, MJR said himself that there wasn't gonna be another epic, but just a longer song.

The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Candlelight Fantasia
Of Sins and Shadows
Smoke and Mirrors
A Fool's Paradise
Absence of Light
Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Rediscovery, Pt. 2: The New Mythology
A Winter's Dream
Communion and the Oracle
The Oddyssey

Well , first of all, I would like to say that I`m very happy to become one of the members of this official forum.and Second, I want to give my excuses if there is a problem with my english, I'm from chile, and I Know speak the English language, but to write it is more difficultly, so my excuses.

well my perfect set list for a SX concert, is:

-intro/unleashed fire(I dream with a intro made it by the band,like trascendence, but One specially for unlesehd fire)
-Smoke And Mirrors
-Wicked
-Accolade(if there is a possiblity to bring a special guest, like a Violinist so much better :p)
-Fallen/Keyboard solo
-Accolade II(The same thing that before)
-The eyes of medusa/Guitar solo
-Masuquerade
-Edge of forever
-Rediscovery(Siegue)
-Rediscovery(The new mythology)
-Sin of Shadows
Encore
-Intro/Evolution(the grande design)/damnation game
-Lady of the Snow(this is one something that I always have dreamed, a version of leady of the snow but, Acoustic...:D)
-The death of balance-lacrymossa/a fool's paradise
-Solo bajo/sea of lies
-The odyssey