New years resolution: Lose over 30kg weight. Need halp

The thing is if you work out 4-5days a week you don't have to worry about what food your eating

yes you do

people who are trying to maintain their weight can pretty much eat whatever if they work out regularly...but if you're trying to lose a good deal of weight, you're going to have to combine a low calorie diet along with exercise to get results!!

Cardio (running, biking, hell even power walking if you arent into running)
Lots of water
Eat tons of vegetables, the fiber will fill you up.
If you like spicy food, use Salsa to your advantage, I add it to all not good tasting healthy things and it transforms it into awesome, and while salsa is kind of high sodium its also all veggies.

try and have lots of small portioned healthy "snacks" throughout the day instead of having giant meals, can be hard if you are on the go alot or are used to eating with others. this will help you stay fuller all day instead of getting super hungry inbetween meals and eating a shitload

Dont skip breakfast, your body needs energy to burn calories.

You will start to loose weight fast, because your body wants to get rid of some of that, but don't let it phase your rountines.

Look at petrucci for inspiration

As already mentioned, you need to eat, but you need to eat the right foods.

And you need to run. Do some cardio. I know it sucks, but I have turned many overweight guys into fit machines by getting them to run properly. Key word on properly. You need to set a distance goal and do it without giving up or quitting. Do a distance run a few times a week, and mix in a few sessions of sprints/jogging.

Best thing to do is run with someone that's a runner, someone that can push you and keep you motivated.

Also, throw in some cross-fit and you'd be golden. Once again, don't get on one of those eat less diets, just eat less of the bad stuff.

Im one of those people that can eat 50 birthday cakes in a day and not put on a gram Mago :p Getting some stuff to sort that out soon however.

Anyway good luck Anssi with your NYR!

haha I'm in the same boat!! I've been hitting the gym for the past 2 months, but haven't seen much of a change in weight really, just started getting more toned. Care to divulge some information on this "stuff"? Give me a shout if you make any progress, Im not really getting anywhere so far :(

back on topic, +1 to wolfe, try finding someone to run with, it definitely helps keep the motivation strong. Also stick to whatever program you set up and don't try and cut corners or get lazy and skip excercises. Good luck!

In addition to exercise, going to a nutritionist would be a good idea, since he will tell you what diet would suit you best based on blood tests and many can even give you tips on how to exercise indoors (10-20 minutes or so a day). That's what I will do a couple of weeks from now, since I too want to lose some weight and if you want, I can tell you what the nutritionist told me (however, the same suggestions may not apply to you)

Cheers, you can do it, man!

+1 on Petrucci's picture

:D

One last thing: If you're out of shape, instead of running, you can walk fast. Do that, 30min for the first week, then augment the time. It is actually better do walk fast prior to running, as it will impact your joints/muscles less. When you're starting to get used to it, do some light jogging, then running. Your knees/back/ankles will appreciate :D

Btw, I lost 20kg in about one year doing those things (except running/walking) + yoga. BEst time of my life, and my sex life improved 10000000000%. My bonner got still more bonner. Bonnerer?

back on topic, +1 to wolfe, try finding someone to run with, it definitely helps keep the motivation strong. Also stick to whatever program you set up and don't try and cut corners or get lazy and skip excercises. Good luck!

I wouldn't suggest running when weight is at 130kgs. Maybe walking for starters. Losing weight is possible without adding exercise too. Of course some amount of movement is required unless you are hungover :). I have found this myself and it may require a strong motivation because of the small calorie intake/day, but the motivation comes easily from the lost kg:s.

You will be scoring more chicks when you are thinner, thats a big + (proven fact :D) ! You will save a lot of $ at food but need the saved cash to buy new clothes that fit.

EDIT: damn, all of this was mentioned already at previous posts. I get a bit slow while drinking eeeeh.

haha I'm in the same boat!! I've been hitting the gym for the past 2 months, but haven't seen much of a change in weight really, just started getting more toned. Care to divulge some information on this "stuff"? Give me a shout if you make any progress, Im not really getting anywhere so far :(

There's your problem.
Give it another 2 years at least before you start to see some serious change in your physique.
I've been lifting for 6 months now and while my legs a looking a little muscular already, my upper body not so much.
Yeah, I've managed to increase my upper arm size from around 11.5 inches to about 13 inches, but that's basically going from really really thin to about average :erk:

Also, the "I eat so much but can't gain weight" thing is a piss poor excuse.
The solution to your problem? Eat more.
You eat over maintenance, you gain weight. Not rocket science (not trying to be a dick here, but just putting it bluntly and to the point).
Plenty of people have super fast metabolisms meaning they have to eat over 5000 calories a day to increase their muscle mass, but they get it done, because they are committed and have the discipline.
If it means sometimes you gotta eat beyond the point of feeling full, then do it. I've had to do it many times before, knowing short term suffering could bring long term gain.
I'm lucky in that respect that I have to eat only about 3000 calories a day (which is still a lot though) to increase muscle mass.
I also have piss poor genetics for building muscle/strength though.
Almost all people with a super fast metabolism over estimate how much they eat. They think they eat heaps, because maybe they eat twice as much as their mom, but in reality a lot of these "I EAT SO MUCH AND CAN'T GAIN WEIGHT" guys are barely hitting 2500 calories a day.

I started off deadlifting 20kgs (44lbs), which is EXTREMELY weak for a beginning. I can now deadlift 120Kgs six months later, despite my poor genetics for muscle mass/strength building. Yes having great genetics would have helped a lot, but point is you can still make great progress if you bust your ass and stay consistent.

I wouldn't run if I were you. I'd do some other form of cardio like kettlebells or intervals on a stairmaster or something.
Running is the most overrated shit ever.
Also if you're super out of shape I'd see a doc first. Jumping balls deep into exercise can be a bedshit.
I had to see a doc way back in my anorexia days before I started getting weird with exercise.

Other thing is it takes time....like a lot of time. The mirror is your friend and your enemy.

Ok...you don't need a stupid diet but you have to eat WELL.
Try to eat few carboidrates and eat more vegetables and fruits. And drink less beer if you do it regularly.
Check out these exercices: http://www.bodyrock.tv/
She is a girl (hot as hell) but the workouts are really really good

go on a raw food diet for a while, even for a week and observe how incredible you feel for it.
i used to LOVE junk food, then i started eating a shit ton of raw food (fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans) and i just felt too clear, too crystalline, too alert and focused and awake and at one with myself to ever think about going back.
but i guess it helps that i genuinely enjoy the taste of stuff like that, and a lot of people i know can't stand it. but i dunno how anyone could, stuff of the earth is always gonna feel fundamentally right.

i mean yeah, you're gonna have to exercise to lose 30kg, but eating some raw food and observing the effects on your state of mind will probably help with such a task. living that way for just a week will make you feel absolutely magnificent, and you wont wanna go back to the junk even if it still tastes good to you, because it'll make you feel like you've been poisoned.
i ate some pizza the other day and i felt just.. so wrong? awful, awful awful.

i cant say i keep up the raw food thing still. i do it sporadically, a week here and there if i feel in the need of EXTRA detox, but all my cooking is based primarily around fruit vegetables and spices. sauces and curries and soups and such.

I'll have to add one more thing. I had very bad heartburn regularly for years. And I mean really, that shit would wake me up at nights. Prescription medicines did help but nothing else. Once cut off the fatty foods and lost weight the heartburn disappeared totally. Haven't had any for a long time and it is awesome!

Yeah I didn't mean to imply you are grossly out of shape I just mean it's a good idea to just get a physical from a doc before you just start pounding your joints and all the surrounding structures with Joe Shmo's fitness plan for 2011.

good man ! for wanting to loose the weight....it's going to be the hardest thing you'll ever do.

I've been there and it is really a life or death thing, you don't want to be trying to loose that type of weight at 40...

This is what has worked for me

1. Water 1 - 2 ltrs a day
2. Exercise (30mins to 1hrs every day)
3. Diet - Cut Chocolate, chips, soda's out - find a "normal" diet where you cook etc or pick health alternatives, like fruit - but have 1 eat shit day of the week (it's Fridays for me)
4. Rest and recoup - otherwise you get sick

Exercise:

http://www.fightersfactory.com/ - I go 5 - 7 days a week, its fuckn awesome, hurts up front but good
Walk for 2mins, run for 2mins - excellent alternate training
Lift some weights

Diet:

http://www.liteneasy.com.au/nova/index.html - dropped 20kgs with this

Other:
As you loose weight throw away your fat clothes, so you cant go back.
Stay away from scales, your weight will go up and down.
Have a weight loss belt, and keep to that "size" once you reach your goal.

Benefits of weight loss are fuckn awesome - your cock stays harder for longer and your generally more horny !

all the best with your journey