New years resolution: Lose over 30kg weight. Need halp

They likely mean 3 sets of 10 reps. So you do your warm-up first of all (VERY important, before engaging in any exercise, whether cardio or weights). Then you do "xx" repetitions until positive failure (the point where your muscles wont allow you to lift any more - NOT the point where it 'burns'). Then you rest for about 3 minutes. Then go again until positive failure. Then rest etc. etc.

Do this with as many reps, for as many sets as your workout methodology entails.

Thats 3 sets of 10 repetitions.

The pause depends on your body.
Let it be long enough for you to catch your breath.
Fainting or vomiting when under some heavy iron load is not something you want :)

1. Register at some calorie-tracking site. There are a few of them, and basically you just type in the food that you ate and they have the calories per serving listed. I use www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate. The calorie tracking will make it pretty obvious what the calorie-rich foods are. You can also set a goal weight, based on activity level, and it will calculate the calories that you need to eat.

2. Plan to lose the weight in stages. Inevitably, you wind up plateauing no matter what you're doing, so you might as well plan on the plateaus. Set a realistic goal like "I'm losing 10 pounds by March 1". Once you've hit the first goal, work on the next goal.

3. Exercise at least 20 minutes every day. You can get into really extreme exercise routines, and some people can go crazy on them straight away. Others can make it a week or two, then they start skipping workouts, etc. I've found it easier to just get a certain amount of exercise every day, whether that means taking a walk, jog, doing jumping jacks, pushups, deep knee bends. Once you have established the habit of getting a certain amount of exercise, then you can work on adding to your workout.

Just eat healthier and eat less, done. There's no magic science to it, just eat cleaner and don't be a pig, it's not as complicated as anyone makes it out to be.

Most important thing to do absolutely 100% is track every single thing you eat, at least for like a week. You will either be surprised at how much you are eating and start cutting back and being smarter about it, or the act of tracking it in the first place will prevent you from eating as poorly. It's win-win either way, success in most things is all about being organized and making things measurable.

Cardio is lame generally and I don't really recommend using it as a primary source of exercise. It will help you burn calories but it is impossible to out-exercise a bad diet. You can consume calories a hell of a lot easier and faster than you can burn them, so it is much easier to just not eat the extra calories in the first place. I recommend strength training over cardio for any form of exercise. A 45 minute strength workout will burn as many calories as a cardio session with the added benefit of actually building some muscle mass instead of just shrivelling your fat and muscle mass down into making you skinny but fat at the same time.

If you are eating to lose weight, you are not going to get huge and muscular anyways, but you can improve the muscle mass you already have and take advantage of some beginner gains. To get big you have to eat big, muscles are built in the kitchen so if you aren't giving your body enough raw materials to make the muscle out of (which you won't be because you will be dieting) then you do not have to fear becoming a big meat head, nothing to worry about there.

Just focus on good bang for your buck compound exercises if you start doing any weight training, stuff like barbell squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, pullups (when you can do them) and some sort of rowing movement. They all burn lots of calories and work multiple large muscle groups.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party but I'm going to let you know my trick. I was a 105 kg two years ago. I'm 197 cm in height so that isn't to much of a overweight but still I had a belly and lots of flubb.

Of course I started to run and work out but what I discovered is that my change in diet made the biggest difference. I just didn't ate as much. Smaller portions, eat more often(in between meals like bananas and shit). I skipped the pizzas and some candy but still eat everything as I've always have been. Dropped 10 kgs in 2 months without workout. Now I'm down at 85 kg.

eat more often(in between meals like bananas and shit)

poop.jpg

Is this turning into a 2 Girls one cup kind of deal?

Anssi one thing you can do that will benefit you A LOT is to buy a nice juicer.
There are two kinds, centrifugal and masticating (you can read all about that on Amazon revs).
This one is very cool- healthy meals in seconds:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BJE200XL-700-Watt-Compact-Fountain/dp/B000MDHH06/ref=pd_sbs_k_4"]http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BJE200XL-700-Watt-Compact-Fountain/dp/B000MDHH06/ref=pd_sbs_k_4[/ame]

Then google 'healthy juices', 'healthy foods' etc, and you will start shredding off all that fat in no time :headbang:

I dropped 12lbs last year by starting a running routine, and ended up entering a few 5k races just to see what I could do. I went from 195lbs down to 183, which for me was pretty decent (I'm 6' tall).

I know a lot of people hate the whole "running on a treadmill" thing, and I'm in the same boat. I do it right now because I need to, by the time I'm home from work it's pitch black out and tough to run outside, but when it's light out, I'm outside.

For Anssi, or anyone else who worries about running and injuries, I did great using the Couch to 5k program. I've got knee tendinitis, by the time I was done with the program I was running with no knee support and with zero pain. Most importantly, I found that I LOVED running - great excuse to just turn off your brain for 30-60 mins a day and just GO. Nowadays, I'll run for 30 mins on the treadmill, then do around 30 mins of weight work. But as soon as I can run outside again, that'll be all I do.

And of course, all the advice about just cutting back on the portions and cutting out the junk is dead on. Use the cross trainer, up the water, and reduce portions and you should definitely see some results over the next few months. Good luck!!

Don't drink soda. Limit how much booze you drink. Avoid sweets. Try to eat lots of green leafy vegetables with your meals. Drink mainly water. Most importantly, find a workout that you actually enjoy. I love Muay Thai kickboxing and brazillian jiu jitsu. Both are crazy workouts and you actually learn stuff as you're losing weight. I fucking hate running, so i work my ass off in muay thai to make up for it. You're going to have to get regular cardio in. cardio = weight loss.

In 2010 I lost around 60lbs just doing muay thai/boxing and some grappling. I lost about 5-10lbs a month and I still eat what I want, although I maintain a fair bit of restraint.

sorry for the flowing thought paragraph.

Alright, took the before photos, waist around bellybutton is ~126cm and first "work out" done; about 45 minutes in total.

- Never do breakfast according to the package without reading the whole instructions; I rationed and made oatmeal for THREE. No wonder I was full halfway the plate. I also need smaller plates.
- Noticed that I was having a bit of problem doing the exercises because of the big belly. tried my best tho
- Went out for a walk, noticed halfway that my legs are freezing and upper body is sweating, so I need to buy a pair of warmer pants tomorrow
- The cross trainer is coming tomorrow

FUCKING SHIT

It took me literally over two hours to unpack and assemble the crosstrainer, and it took over 35 minutes just to take it ouf of the box because the guys at the package center liked tape. After that, I used the crosstrainer for 10 minutes to test it out, but now I have to go to bed. It's 1:40am and I have another studio session tomorrow.