New years resolution: Lose over 30kg weight. Need halp

I find it very hard to calculate calories in real life. Looking up the calories of each ingredient, weighing the food... Anyone wants to write a short novel about this or can you recommend a site?

Simple: just buy a good kitchen scale and put in Excel all data from any box of food you have...

And for food that doesn't come in boxes use this site:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Good fucking job Anssi. Keep it up. Take some pics now (if you didn't when you first started).. it's hard to see a difference because you see yourself everyday, but I'm sure when you see 30kg difference in pics side-by-side you'll be blown away.

Same here, 58 kg (127 lbs) and 1,75 m tall (5,7 ft.). Wish I could gain some weight.

I used to be your weight, but at 6ft. Looking back on pics I honestly look anorexic.

Eat, a lot. You may say, "Man I eat more than anyone I just can't gain weight!" but you are wrong ;)

Eaaaaat. 8000 calories a day. Drink at least a full gallon of whole milk a day as well as all of your regular meals and you will gain weight, quickly.

Not 8k cals a day. Ask Harry about his dreamer bulk XD
Oh, and if you're not attending the gym multiple times per week, all (or at least most) of that weight gain will be fat.

I find it very hard to calculate calories in real life. Looking up the calories of each ingredient, weighing the food... Anyone wants to write a short novel about this or can you recommend a site?

There's quite a few apps on the iPhone for this, just search for the food, input the weight/amount you had, and it works out all the calories as well as protein/carbs/fats. I used one called DailyBurn, it was free when I used it too. After a while you kinda memorise what everything is.

Eat, a lot. You may say, "Man I eat more than anyone I just can't gain weight!" but you are wrong ;)

Eaaaaat. 8000 calories a day. Drink at least a full gallon of whole milk a day as well as all of your regular meals and you will gain weight, quickly.

You must have cheap milk over there :lol:

Good fucking job Anssi. Keep it up. Take some pics now (if you didn't when you first started).. it's hard to see a difference because you see yourself everyday, but I'm sure when you see 30kg difference in pics side-by-side you'll be blown away.

I have taken the "before" picture and "after 1 month" picture. When I get back home on Sunday I'll take the "after 2 months" picture. When this is all over, I will post the before and after photos :)

I'm 5,9 was 130 pounds total and after three weeks of 6 meals a day (at least 500 calories a meal usually around 3500-4000 daily total) + 4 odd protein shakes on top, I am up over 20 pounds and kicking nearly 12 stone. Previously a "hard gainer" or whatever you could call it - I was quite a skinny guy three weeks ago.

The food bill is bad at first but I look a lot healthier - less starving african child. The GOMAD (Gallon of milk a day) should work as well but I'm having a good amount of luck with solids at the moment, you just need to make sure you are full all the time anyway.

I think 8000 calories is probably a bit extreme, but anywhere in the 4k range will kick your bodies ass and as long as you are doing the appropriate training you should put on more muscle than fat. I reckon 8k will have you bouncing off the walls at night or something :lol:

Alright guys, update on this. January 6th I was 135kg, my current weight is:

118kg

So from ~300 to ~*260lbs, 17 kg lost (~37lb) in 4 months, 19 more kg to go in 6 months (target is 99kg). To reach my target, I need to lose about 3kg per month on average.

Well done :headbang: just shows what you can do when you put your mind to it . My only advice is to try and evolve as you go so by the time you hit your target you have a lifestyle that is sustainable and second nature . I know a book that has a very clear and easy to understand eating plan you can follow forever . Good news is you get to eat a lot if you do the exercise as well , the title is 'Body for life' its a bit cheesy a times but it works . The exercise plan in it is intense and takes up only a short amount of time each week giving plenty of free time for other stuff . Any way good luck however you decide to go and look forward to seeing more updates .