Next Album....

theres too much $$ riding on it.
Definitely not at all. They are by no means rich at all, or has a very high income AFAIK. They all live in normal apartments atleast, and have no ''fancy cars'' or anything else, so I wouldn't say that they have much more cash than an average working person.
It's all about them not wanting to do the same thing again, and it has already been said 1000 times. I mean, I don't understand where people get their statements from.. ''they SHOULD go back making TJR-style music again'', Who are you to tell In Flames what to do and what to not do? No one except In Flames has any saying whatsoever on the subject. You are acting like it's your band or something. They don't make music FOR the fans, they make it for themselves, and that's why they are doing new stuff on every album.

Yeah I can never keep my mind on one particular type of style when trying to play music on my guitar.
Expanding your style has more output than staying to one thing all the time.

Personally I don't think they were being repetitive at all pre-reroute, but I guess they wanted to change a lot for something SERIOUSLY new.

Yeah I can never keep my mind on one particular type of style when trying to play music on my guitar.
Expanding your style has more output than staying to one thing all the time.

Personally I don't think they were being repetitive at all pre-reroute, but I guess they wanted to change a lot for something SERIOUSLY new.
Yeah I agree, older albums don't sound the same either, but clayman > r2r was a bigger step than whoracle > colony or colony > clayman. But I think much has to do with the production aswell, new studio, new producer and everything. There is some sweet melodies in R2R aswell. They've seriously been evolving since they did Lunar Strain. btw, noticed that in the end of Transparent, around 3.45, it sounds AWFULLY the same as Stripped, raped & strangled 25sec in the song. I know Jesper is a fan of CC since he wears a CC shirt quite often. Wonder if it's some kind of a tribute thingy cause it really sounds similiar if you listen.

Yeah I agree, older albums don't sound the same either, but clayman > r2r was a bigger step than whoracle > colony or colony > clayman. But I think much has to do with the production aswell, new studio, new producer and everything. There is some sweet melodies in R2R aswell. They've seriously been evolving since they did Lunar Strain. btw, noticed that in the end of Transparent, around 3.45, it sounds AWFULLY the same as Stripped, raped & strangled 25sec in the song. I know Jesper is a fan of CC since he wears a CC shirt quite often. Wonder if it's some kind of a tribute thingy cause it really sounds similiar if you listen.

I wonder if it was a ripoff or an homage of The Hive when that shitty band...Atreyu? had that one song that had an intro dead-on to The Hive.

That song fucking disgusts me. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a ripoff since that's all metalcore does, steal from melodic death metal.

That song fucking disgusts me. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a ripoff since that's all metalcore does, steal from melodic death metal.

I'm starting to believe "core" is code for crap, when it comes to American metal. Just like "Nu" was code for crap-metal.:lol:

Kind of upsets me that one of the really really good American death bands, "Light This City" disbanded. Their farewell album was astounding. Hopefully Dark Haven puts out something new eventually.

The only metalcore I don't hate is stuff like Lamb of God, or Shadows Fall but I don't really listen to them at all, but I don't hate them either.

Definitely not at all. They are by no means rich at all, or has a very high income AFAIK. They all live in normal apartments atleast, and have no ''fancy cars'' or anything else, so I wouldn't say that they have much more cash than an average working person.
It's all about them not wanting to do the same thing again, and it has already been said 1000 times. I mean, I don't understand where people get their statements from.. ''they SHOULD go back making TJR-style music again'', Who are you to tell In Flames what to do and what to not do? No one except In Flames has any saying whatsoever on the subject. You are acting like it's your band or something. They don't make music FOR the fans, they make it for themselves, and that's why they are doing new stuff on every album.

Face it, they $old out long ago.They are almost a nu-metal act nowdays. They gave the 'up yours' to all of their long time fans and aimed their sound, their look, their touring partners right towards the mainstream.

And they hit it right in the middle - Bulls-eye!

My only complaint about the new In Flames is the guitar structure. Its still melodic, but it doesn't build like it used to. Before, it was almost unbearable and endless build up and build down. Now, its more of a quick up and down, leaves you lacking something.

I know some people complain about the integration of clean vocals, but I don't mind it. I was a big fan of the Passenger album and of course R2R. My issue is that he has strayed away from those really good clean vocals, and into some type of nasally, whiny delivery. STYE's style sort of fit the album, but in the last two albums its been really weak. To me, I'd love to hear TJR or Colony screaming mixed with the R2R styled cleans, with more epic guitars and it would be perfect. However, we need to accept what they are, for what they are. Love it or leave it, I still don't leave it. Come Clarity didn't do much for me, but ASOP really did so I'm still loving it.

I think they are still producing good albums, but not legendary sounding stuff like they used to. I don't know if this is what they've managed to write with their combined tastes, or if there is a lack of creativity within. I don't think we'll ever know.

What confuses me is how someone like Vintersorg can be involved in so many different projects, and still manage to have everything sound different and fresh.

Kind of upsets me that one of the really really good American death bands, "Light This City" disbanded. Their farewell album was astounding. Hopefully Dark Haven puts out something new eventually.

The Hero Cycle is a great album... didn't realise they'd disbanded. That is a shame.

The Hero Cycle is a great album... didn't realise they'd disbanded. That is a shame.

Their last album "Stormchaser" was fucking phenomenal on all fronts...

Still recovering from the split though. My Remains Of The God shirt is actually crying.

I never listened to Stormchaser, only The Hero Cycle and Remains of the Gods. Will have to give it a listen. Kind of disheartening to read that two of the members are now apparently in a punk band? :/

I never listened to Stormchaser, only The Hero Cycle and Remains of the Gods. Will have to give it a listen. Kind of disheartening to read that two of the members are now apparently in a punk band? :/

Yeah, I gave the punk band a listen, hoping that Laura would do some clean singing, cause I have a soft spot for that waily female punk rocker...but no dice. Its horrible at all levels. Really sad, to say the least. No other American metal band lives up to what Light This City was doing and would have evolved into. I thought Laura was the best female death vocalist out there, definately exceeding Angela Gossow or that chick from Storm (Japan).

Do you know Enthrone Darkness Triumphant from Dimmu Borgir? This is the way I would like to see in flames in the future.. They should write something what will be maybe not as playable live as their last material but really great epic shit.. I'm talking about music, not themes.. But its only my naive dream.. :Smug:

Just because they can't recreate every aspect live doesn't mean it sucks live, so I don't see why they can't play song obscure songs live, like suburban me.

They also claimed songs like The Jester Race were bad live, but the medley was incredible when I heard it live...

They also claimed songs like The Jester Race were bad live, but the medley was incredible when I heard it live...
I think their excuse for them being bad live is the fans dont do anything(the majority of them which are all the new ones), which is kinda true...

I think their excuse for them being bad live is the fans dont do anything(the majority of them which are all the new ones), which is kinda true...

I forgot about that, yeah. It just sucks for older fans. Granted, I like all their music, but I would love to hear like Upon An Oaken Throne, The Jester Race and such in a set as well.

Just because they can't recreate every aspect live doesn't mean it sucks live, so I don't see why they can't play song obscure songs live, like suburban me.

Suburban Me is one of those songs I'd love to see live from them. The chorus is such a sing along type thing, I'm sure it would be incredible if they started putting it into the setlist.