Next Testament CD

Thanks one man,that was pure bliss.Can someone tell me yet again why "Live @ the Fillmore"was never released as a companion video (dvd) along with the cd?!!!such a fucking shame til' this day.

Thanks one man,that was pure bliss.Can someone tell me yet again why "Live @ the Fillmore"was never released as a companion video (dvd) along with the cd?!!!such a fucking shame til' this day.

'Cause DVD hadn't been invented then yet :D
Seriously, though, I agree. It's a shame, especially that the show was filmed and did float around as a bootleg (if I remember correctly). The show was actually longer than the CD shows. In particular, they did a Refuse/Resist cover and perhaps another one. I can't recall now.

Well atleast we got the sweet acoustic versions of trail of tears,the legacy,and return to serenity out of it:D

Oh, that's definitely something that adds a lot to the value of the album. Not too many Thrash bands had the guts and/or talent to do something like that

Followed by solo by Alex, followed by Perilous Nation! Always good to hear A Day of Reckoning too. I'm so glad said, in a recent interview, that he'd really enjoyed doing it live again. Maybe they'll play it more often.

Followed by solo by Alex, followed by Perilous Nation! Always good to hear A Day of Reckoning too. I'm so glad said, in a recent interview, that he'd really enjoyed doing it live again. Maybe they'll play it more often.

Man I just keep watching that show over and over and it's long! lol
That might be the best I've ever seen.And they were gonna do all of Practice basically but that medley at the end was cool! Fuckin 89!

1989 in general if you look back,was an awesome year for music for some strange good reason.:Spin:

Thanks for the Alex link. Always good to see/hear him solo.

Since redfly posted the 1993 acoustic show recently, I think it will be appropriate to post a link here to their other acoustic gig, from 1995, especially that it has been re-uploaded to YT a week or so ago.

I think most of you have seen it, but it's still good to see it again in one piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAbnR3ULUVU

Glad you enjoy it! Do you happen to know how many of those they actually played? Were there more than these two? Plus whatever form the session for Live at the Fillmore had (btw was the acoustic part for that ever filmed?).

Back in 2005, during the Ten Days in May reunion tour the guy who was making video footage of the shows and tour (I think his name was John) said there were attempts to convince the band to play some acoustic stuff for the needs of the DVD. They didn't do that because the original line up had never played acoustically together. So, ultimately there's only some footage of Alex playing an acoustic guitar on some park bench, if I remember correctly (haven't watched that DVD in years). This would suggest that they only started doing that after Glen and Paul or Johnny had joined.

Always good to hear some steve smyth.Hey redfly,are you having trouble with the flots board too?

Hey oneman good questions. I can't answer any of them lol I wouldn't be surprised if there were more. On the subject of the reunion dvd. The answer doesn't really make sense to me.
All Louie had to do is keep the beat..that's what drummers do lol. And if not, they still had Tempesta and HE had played acoustically with them before and even if he hadn't...I'm sure he could have handled it!