Next Testament CD

For just the single you think? That would suck.

Maybe I'm wrong:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/te...uches-on-the-brotherhood-of-the-snake-single/

Veteran San Francisco Bay Area metallers TESTAMENT have set "The Brotherhood Of The Snake" as the tentative title of their eleventh studio album, due later in the year via Nuclear Blast. The music for the CD's projected title track has already been recorded, with the vocals set to be completed in the coming days. "I'll start tracking probably sometime this weekend and get it mixed hopefully next week," TESTAMENT singer Chuck Billy told Chris Annunziata of WMSC 90.3's "Metal Teddy Bear Experience" radio show (hear audio below). "And I think we'll probably put it out. I think it's probably gonna look like maybe a freebie, giveaway song that we'll just give people to check out."

I would love for them to do both Face In The Sky and Falling Fast! And that's a little disappointing to read that the vocals in the Dark Roots dvd/bluray are done over..live in studio but still

Would love these two too. Props for Chuck for being so honest about the overdubs. Not that it was a big secret in the first place, but not everybody at this level will admit things like that, even if they all have bad days. The whole interview was a good read, thanks redfly!

Good news about the single. I hope there's not too much growling on the album. I like the more venomous vocals like on much of The Gathering, but full-blown growls, as good as they might be, are a waste of Chuck's talents.

I guess I expect overdubs these days, but this is the first I've heard of the vocals for an entire show redone. I of course give him props for saying so. And it's a great dvd/bluray

I know, right...? Hard guess. Friggen Ric sounds awesome.
As soon as I'm allowed to, I'll post the song. It's sounding really heavy. This band has not lost any steps, plus...holy crap, Gene is the King...!
Awaiting Alex's shredness, and we'll mix it. The idea is to release it for the tour kick-off... which is less than 2 weeks out. So, feel the snake brotherhood!
SDG

Here's more from Steve about the song. Doesn't tell much, but boosts the anticipation. http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/new-sounds-from-esdegy-recording.1002895/

Reactions: redfly
Lol here's the pulse........................here's Alex's finger lol
Seriously though great interview glad to hear that the album has only one mid tempo.And that Chucks health is solid.

Hey redfly, here's another interview for ya. Even though from last year, it's worth checking out because it's a bit different as it touches more of the business side of things (not very deep, though). Plus Chuck looks really healthy.

I don't know if you've noticed that too, but to me it seems that for for the last year or so the Chief's been looking like his pre-cancer self again. Hopefully all the effects of the illness were defeated. Plus his voice has been sounding really strong these last months. I hope this will reflect on the new album.

You know that was a fucked up time. There was room for both genres. It was the glam rock that had to go! It bit them all in the ass though. Grunge lasted what 4 years? and there were bands constantly coming and going.None of the bands except for like four of them sold many records and couldn't hold a show. Radio stations died.

Chuck looks great here. You know he's not that fa,t for some reason it's mostly in his face.

I have one of Chucks vape pens (signed) it needs some freekin instructions lol

Well wtf! why isn't he over here!? Why aren't we over there? lol

Ha ha! Good questions. I see you're there already. I used to post there from time to time during his first tenure in the band (like on Steve Smyth's forum which is also here). SDG's always been really cool in terms of interacting with the fans, especially fans who are bassists themselves. Good to have him back in the band. Let's hope his talents will be properly utilised, also the composing talents.

For some reason I thought his forum was gone. But I might have been thinking of Murphy's
Maybe we can get some Testament info out of him! :)

I still miss Greg, his tone is unbeatable to me.

Ditto again. SDG is the only fair replacement of Greggy that I can think of. Yeah, maybe Steve can shed some light on things like...the new album. Personally, I tend to recoil from asking him for stuff like that. Last time I did, after a show in '03 (when I had thought the new album was right behind the corner), I heard: "what album? Testament?!" and had to wait 5 more years :D