Next Testament CD

You're right one man, Chuck is like a force of nature! I don't know what all those vocal effects were he was talking about not using.

I think they're most audible on First Strike Still Deadly. And were used also during live sets - like some delays and processing which made the voice more artificial, whereas now its drier or cleaner, like it's supposed to be.

04/06/17 Sunshine Theater - Albuquerque, NM
04/07/17 Gas Monkey Live - Dallas, TX
04/08/17 Aztec Theater - San Antonio, TX
04/09/17 House Of Blues - Houston, TX
04/10/17 House Of Blues - New Orleans, LA
04/12/17 The Ritz Ybor - Tampa, FL
04/13/17 Culture Room - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
04/14/17 House Of Blues - Lake Buena Vista, FL
04/15/17 Center Stage - Atlanta, GA
04/16/17 The Fillmore - Charlotte, NC
04/19/17 The National - Richmond, VA
04/20/17 Starland Ballroom - Sayreville, NJ
04/21/17 The Palladium - Worcester, MA (New England Metal & Harcore Festival)
04/22/17 The Paramount - Huntington, NY
04/23/17 Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
04/24/17 Ram's Head Live - Baltimore, MD
04/26/17 Metropolis - Montreal, QC
04/27/17 Phoenix Concert Theatre - Toronto, ON
04/28/17 Majestic Theatre - Detroit, MI
04/29/17 Bogarts - Cincinnati, OH
04/30/17 Agora Theatre - Cleveland, OH
05/02/17 Concord Music Hall - Chicago, IL
05/03/17 First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN
05/04/17 The District - Sioux Falls, SD
05/06/17 Summit Music Hall - Denver, CO
05/07/17 The Depot - Salt Lake City, UT
05/09/17 Roseland Theater - Portlant, OR
05/10/17 Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver, BC
05/11/17 Showbox Market - Seattle, WA
05/12/17 The Revolution Concert House - Boise, ID
05/15/17 Orpheum Theater - Flagstaff, AZ
05/16/17 House Of Blues - San Diego, CA
05/17/17 Livewire - Scottsdale, AZ
05/18/17 House Of Blues - Anaheim, CA
05/19/17 Regency Ballroom - San Francsco, CA
05/20/17 Brooklyn Bowl - Las Vegas, NV

US headliner w/ Sepultura

So, did you guys know Neptune's Spear was Merciless Desecration?
Oh, and according to Eric, it was him who pushed Chuck beyond his limits. Great. I love the fact that Eric likes Born in a Rut. Maybe we'll hear it live one day.

Reactions: redfly
Actually Someone..guitarthrasher? Sorry that's (DragonlordThrasher) posted about this about a month ago. I hope they reuse the title for another song!
LOL Eric! I wondered . Because Chuck always says heavier heavier! And that this was their Rein in Blood. So he had his chance to do really heavy vocals and didn't (minus a few songs) LOL

Thanks for the interview! Going to check it out now.

Last edited:
Neptune’s Spear
“This was written about a year before we went into the studio – it was left over from the Dark Roots Of Earth sessions. But I had never written any lyrics to it. So when we wrote it, it was around the time we went and got Osama Bin Laden. It was Seal Team Six, and the mission was called Neptune’s Spear. So it’s about that team getting their Intel together and, you know, one shot kill.”

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-10-25/testaments-track-by-track-guide-to-brotherhood-of-the-snake
Oh I found it :)

Anyone else thinking Eric used that Merciless Desecration song title on the upcoming Dragonlord release?

Oh I found it :)
Thanks redfly. I'd felt this might have been posted here already, but couldn't remember exactly (it was while I was off the web for some time) so I figured I'd post it anyway, knowing how excited you guys were for that song, based on Eric's description and the song title alone. :)

As for Reign in Blood, I don't think extreme vocals were necessary to achieve that status, although I'm glad they didn't aspire to record their RIB, but a great Testament album. And I'm happy to see the vocals the way they are, as this is far more interesting. I think CB's been saying for quite some time that nowadays he prefers to not attach heavy vocals to heavy songs and lighter vocals to softer songs. I love his growls and grunts (especially on Demonic, but also used like on Leave Me Forever or Centuries of Suffering, where he descends from a higher line, through deeper or more melodic stuff to the bottom of his lungs), but the only thing I'm not always comfortable with are the short shouts in choruses - like the "one-shot kill" ("thou shalt kill"? I'm not sure as I haven't read the lyrics yet) in Neptune's Spear. This is kind of pointless to me. True American Hate is another example. Neptune's Spear is one hell of a song and this "chorus" is the only flaw in an otherwise perfect piece. Of course, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: redfly
You know? Chuck says that. but whenever he does solo stuff he goes heavier...for the most part. I don't necessarily think the vocals have to be super heavy. I kind of took it to mean that the album would have a dark vibe. And some of does some of it doesn't. But I think the reason The Gathering is so revered is because it's heavy and evil all the way through. I think probably would have done that if they had more time.