Next Testament CD

Looks like there is going to be lots of blastbeats on the new album. I don't know if they should do that with the music.

I wouldn't worry too much about the blast beats.This is Testament after all,the rest of the band has such a full sound that it will only add to the evil.It's not as if they are going to make the band sound like one of those lame bands that have blast beats mixed in with keyboards and stupid singy vocals about wizards or some shit :D
Thrash bands have every right to use blast beats in my opinion,after all they are fast!

I'd completely reread his post if I were you. You seemed to have read things that aren't there and not read things that are there.

As far as keyboards and wizards...

dragonlord.jpg

I see what you did there?

What are you talking about?

He never said blast beats are a trademark of thrash, and that keyboards automatically make things suck.

I wouldn't worry too much about the blast beats.This is Testament after all,the rest of the band has such a full sound that it will only add to the evil.It's not as if they are going to make the band sound like one of those lame bands that have blast beats mixed in with keyboards and stupid singy vocals about wizards or some shit :D
Thrash bands have every right to use blast beats in my opinion,after all they are fast!

I posted Dragonlord because that's exactly what the bolded describes.

You're getting offended over things that nobody posted, and insulting us because you're misreading what we're posting. Saying blast beats are fine in Testament makes you a diehard fanboy, and you're the voice of reason? Alright then.

Get over yourself.

Just because something is fast doesn't automatically make it good, and just because something has keyboards doesn't mean it sucks. It just means your fucking brain is too fucking stupid to comprehend anything else than what it already knows. Some fanboys are so far up the bands ass that they could release birthday party songs, and they would still flock to buy it as if they had magnets attached to their asses. Then they have little bitch fits when a fan disagrees with them. As far as Im concerned, I'm in it for the music, not to make some asshole happy behind his fanboy computer screen. I say fuck blastbeats in Testament, they're fucking ruining the bands sound with them.

Pot, meet kettle.

Looks like there is going to be lots of blastbeats on the new album. I don't know if they should do that with the music.

I don't like blastbeats. They are the most boring thing a drummer can do. I would rather hear simple drumming like Clemente did, than blast beats and yes they don't fit the Testament style. Glad Chuck will growl less on the new record.

Who's getting offended? Me? I'm not.I'm not really sure where all the pissed off feelings are coming from.

Hahaha DragonLord is the perfect example.I personally don't like it when metal plays dress up and I think keyboards just take away from the ferociousness off the rest of the band.

As for being a fan boy (if that was aimed at me) I'm almost 37,Testament has been my favorite band since I was 13.I'll wear fanboy proudly.

I don't like blastbeats. They are the most boring thing a drummer can do. I would rather hear simple drumming like Clemente did, than blast beats and yes they don't fit the Testament style. Glad Chuck will growl less on the new record.

Oh hell no. Clemente was so singular and one-dimensional it drove me insane. He made every Testament song sound the same due to his complete lack of a second drum pattern. He completely hamstrung the rest of the band.

And I guess you aren't a Slayer fan, either, if you don't like blast beats.

Oh hell no. Clemente was so singular and one-dimensional it drove me insane. He made every Testament song sound the same due to his complete lack of a second drum pattern. He completely hamstrung the rest of the band.

And I guess you aren't a Slayer fan, either, if you don't like blast beats.

I like DEATH ANGEL, EXODUS, MEGADETH, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM and SLAYER 'til South of heaven (my fav.)/Seassons in the Abyss

How can you not like what it takes damn good drummers to do? Especially when it's thrash?blast beats sound evil. Do you also hate arpeggio sweeps? The Gathering has some blast beats,you don't like it? Charlie has updated some Anthrax stuff live by throwing in some blasts and not just this song but old stuff.I'd bet Dave Lombardo does the same.Drover and Lars just aren't good enough to do them.I just don't get the hatred of it..guess my brain can't comprehend it.

Blastbeats are from those fairytale dungeons slayer bands that dress up and use keyboards. I don't want to hear them in Testament, if I want to hear them I'll listen to Dragonlord.

I completely get what your saying.I don't like those kinds of bands.But it's not because of the drums.I find the drums are the only thing that makes them sound heavy at all.I mean the drummers from these wizard bands were influenced by the balls outness of thrash.I think if Blast beats were around back in the day the classic bands would probably have been using them.Anyway I really don't think something like blast beats could ever make Testament sound more...feminine? lol After all Eric is Dragonlord and Testament.I think he knows what side his bread is buttered on.

It's just depends on how they use them. If they overkill the songs with blastbeats I won't like that so I'm not going to say anything more about the blastbeats until I hear the record.

It's just depends on how they use them. If they overkill the songs with blastbeats I won't like that so I'm not going to say anything more about the blastbeats until I hear the record.

I know. It took me forever to get into Nevermore because that hack drummer of theirs would not get off the fucking pedals. He had to double bass over everything. Made an otherwise great band unlistenable.