Next Testament CD

Man 300 hundred shows! that's cool.I hope someone filmed "Envy Life".I'm glad he's happy being produced even if I'm a little skeptical that anyone could make Chuck sound better than he already does.But I'm also glad no one did it before, I like the way the old records are, but if "Practice"is what he means by singing than I'm all for it....God it's so far away.

I hate all the "special" editions, euro bonus tracks etc

Just put out 1 version of the album with all the songs, thanks

someone did film Envy Life. Sounds good to me. I hope they dust off some more of the old cool songs like this:

So, who are some good Polish thrash bands? Any along the lines of Testament?
To some Poland's always been all about death metal, but we had some great Thrash bands too that usually get overlooked (and rarely are known abroad). I don't recall any Testament-sounding bands from the past. I'd recommend some more technical bands like:

GEISHA GONER

or WOLF SPIDER

Some other would be: Astharoth, Pascal, Hektcöre (Hektor), Kreon (Test Fobii), Sparagmos, Alastor, Testor, Dragon, Genesis of Aggression, Quo Vadis, Hellias. I never got that much into the most well known thrash bands you might have heard of, like Acid Drinkers, Turbo and Kat.

The release of The Gathering brought some competent bands trying to be Testament. Not always terribly original, but enjoyable: Horrorscope, Virgin Snatch, Whorehouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
When asked about the status of the recording sessions for TESTAMENT's new album, "The Dark Roots Of Earth", tentatively due in late April/early May 2012 via Nuclear Blast Records, Billy said, "It's all [recorded]. I've got two songs to finish writing up [lyrics for] and three to sing totally. But all the music's done, everything's done. [They're] just waiting on me."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PUxbUdyEx2o

A great interview, indeed. Makes me even more anxious about the Dark Roots. I wonder if Chuck's really 5 songs left to sing or only 2 like he'd said in another interview. Finally, I'd love to see Chasing Fear, Time is Coming and Hatred's Rise added to the setlist.

The perfect first thing to read now that I have power back! What a great interview,I don't even know where to start I'm so excited!
Am I to assume that the new releases of the first four records are not remastered?

I don't like blast beats! They sound absolutly boring to me and destroys the groove and feeling of a song, but i'm excited to hear the new stuff next year. Too bad they don't hire John Tempesta for the new record. My fav Testament drummer.

Don't worry I'm sure Testament will work them in real nice!

Here is the first 'preview' of their new album (at least, so far I've see)...Of course it is shit quality because of the phone, but for die-hard testamentfans this will be a nice treat.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: